Wadkin Bursgreen TS

I recently came across an old Wadkin Bursgreen 12" TS tucked away in storage at the company I work for. So after much prodding I swung a deal for it and got it home this past week. Initial inspection showed that the blade height adjustment required more effort than it should, but other than that things seemed to be in good condition.
I started stipping the saw down today to get rid of the 3ph motor, clean it up and investigate the blade height adjustment problem. It turns out the toothed portion of the height adjestment is worn pretty badly. I would say 30% of the teeth are damaged quite bad, while the rest seem ok.
I realize its damn near impossible finding parts for these things so my question is: how do i fix this? Is custom machining my only option?
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers,
Den

"Den" < snipped-for-privacy@HOLDTHESPAMmts.net> wrote in message
news:YUVZb.5427$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.mts.net...
Wouldn't mind betting that wadkin home office could help.......mjh

storage
and
height
it
say
A competent welder can weld the teeth close to the original configuration:
Then grind and file them to near perfection if all else fails.
But I'm sure the other poster's right about the home office being able to help.
Just keep the welding process in mind and use a hardfacing rod.
Refinish King

storage
and
height
it
say
Den wrote:

Congratulations. No really, you have yourself a very good saw.

Damaged as in, missing, or damaged as in, worn away and causing excessive back lash?

You don't say where you are so I'm not sure if contacting Wadkin in the UK is an option.

It seems I've really not done much.
UA100

storage
and
and heavy!

it
say
Both.
I'm in Canada. Would contacting their North Carolina office be useful?

Den wrote:

I would think that would be your best bet.
By the way, there are a couple/few Wadkin owners on the OWWM forum and you might want to query the group for information.
Not saying you'll get a response, just that it's free and you won't be out anything but some time.
UA100
@HOLDTHESPAMmts.net says...

before you go screwing around (excuse the pun) try here http://www.wadkin.com/spares.htm mail them they had parts for my old bench and it was old believe me.