Wacky furniture

Browsing custom made furniture for inspiration and came across these pieces. These have to be some of the most unusual pieces I have seen to date:
http://www.delcoverwoodworking.com/for_sale.htm
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

You don't get to California much, do you?
;-)
Remember Gary Knox Bennett on the Craft in America show? He's been innovating for decades, and he's pretty 'mainstream' in the art world.
I'm sure there are a lot of other folks elsewhere, working in similar directions.
It's all good. Mebbe.
Patriarch

Yeah, some of them look like samples of what can be done. Cool.
You may also like these 2 chests,
http://lagunatools.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic 55
Wow. Those are cool. Not sure I'm ready to try making one yet though :)
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Those are great! The delcoverstuff not so much...in fact fugly. If there is a 'feel' of 'flow' I'm all for it. But to design something out-landish, just for the sake of 'different'...well try again.
Where is the style?

Looks like a cross between M. C. Escher and Salvador Dali.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

on bad drugs maybe.

Or Dr. Seuss. Rent the video of _The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T_ some time. The prop department had a LOT of fun- made several sets with nary a straight line or right angle.
obQuote: "Yes, it's atomic... VERY atomic."
Not even close - mainly assembleges..
check out this "Nutt"y stuff.
http://www.craignutt.com /
As for Mr. Bennett's stuff - what a waste of fine wood to say nothing of wasting his exceptional talent. Ladder Back Chair - my, how cute and oh so clever - tee hee.
charlie b

Nutt's stuff is, immho, brilliant. I love it. A little too organic for my personal use, but brilliant nonetheless. That stuff I like.

*This* is sharp:
http://www.delcoverwoodworking.com/neuvo_rocking_chair.jpg