Wacky furniture

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
Browsing custom made furniture for inspiration and came across these pieces.
These have to be some of the most unusual pieces I have seen to date:

http://www.delcoverwoodworking.com/for_sale.htm

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Re: Wacky furniture

You don't get to California much, do you?

;-)

Remember Gary Knox Bennett on the Craft in America show?  He's been
innovating for decades, and he's pretty 'mainstream' in the art world.

I'm sure there are a lot of other folks elsewhere, working in similar
directions.

It's all good.  Mebbe.

Patriarch

Re: Wacky furniture

Yeah, some of them look like samples of what can be done.  Cool.

You may also like these 2 chests,

http://lagunatools.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1155

Re: Wacky furniture
Wow.   Those are cool.   Not sure I'm ready to try making one yet though  :)

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Re: Wacky furniture
Cool. Sort of Disney-esque.

I always wanted to make a claw and ball foot piece where one of the
balls looks like it is rolling away and the leg and foot are reaching
out and catching it at the end of the claws. Not my idea, I saw it in
FWW I think but great idea.

Re: Wacky furniture

Those are great! The delcoverstuff not so much...in fact fugly.
If there is a 'feel' of 'flow' I'm all for it. But to design something
out-landish, just for the sake of 'different'...well try again.

Where is the style?

Re: Wacky furniture

    Looks like a cross between M. C. Escher and Salvador Dali.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Re: Wacky furniture
on bad drugs maybe.

Re: Wacky furniture
Or Dr. Seuss.  Rent the video of _The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T_ some
time.
The prop department had a LOT of fun- made several sets with nary a
straight line or right angle.

obQuote:   "Yes, it's atomic... VERY atomic."

Re: Wacky furniture
Not even close - mainly assembleges..

check out this "Nutt"y stuff.

http://www.craignutt.com /

As for Mr. Bennett's stuff - what a waste of fine wood
to say nothing of wasting his exceptional talent.  Ladder
Back Chair - my, how cute and oh so clever - tee hee.

charlie b

Re: Wacky furniture
Nutt's stuff is, immho, brilliant. I love it. A little too organic for
my personal use, but brilliant nonetheless. That stuff I like.

Re: Wacky furniture
*This* is sharp:

http://www.delcoverwoodworking.com/neuvo_rocking_chair.jpg

Threaded View