WAAAY OT: Third-hand smoke toxicity

Ever been to Europe? Or worse, USSR. Climbing into the cockpit with a Soviet crew after a week in Cuba was an experience you'd never forget.

Reply to
George

The French - they're just terrible about this stuff. It would take them far less effort to just take a damned shower than it does for them to cover up the growing stench with more cologne.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

A German, or French, nightclub, packed to the rafters with overheated dancers, on a freezing winter night in the 60's and early 70's .. not for the olfactory faint of heart.

Reply to
Swingman

From someone who has died twice - I highly recommend taking a walk on the wild side and the sooner the better. Although I don't consider third hand smoke (who ever heard of this anyway?) gettin' wild and crazy - I think Doug has the right attitude if not stated elequently enough for your taste.

Every morning when you walk out the door to go to work, you assume you will return that evening. Guess what, for many people, that doesn't happen. And yes, we all die of something.

I hug and kiss my wife and grandson every morning like it will be the last time I ever see them - conciously.

You can lead the healthiest life possible and still get run over in a crosswalk by a bus or have some asshole park his SUV in front of your train or have a plane ram into your office, etc., etc. The media splashes stories in front of us everyday about all kinds of stupid tragedies. Go to any trauma unit and see if one person isn't in there not due to a something stupid and not of there own fault - smoking included.

And what would be the difference what a parent died of when you have to explain it to a little kid? Would you feel better explaing that mommy died of breast cancer or daddy died of congestive heart failure? Doubtful the kid will. Hopefully they won't grow up into a politician with a chip on their shoulder (like one of our previous governors).

My two cents worth. Mark

Reply to
Mark