volume

Is everyone on vacation? Postings have gone from over 150-300 a day down to 50-100 a day. I suspected my news server so went to Google to see how many articles they had - same thing. Was ist los?

Yeah, it's been quieter than normal. I think some of the political discussion is partially responsible. In a week or two people will head out to their shops to once again use a few "dolls" in their "draw" making.
Puckdropper
marching band.

Watz a vacation??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

We were hiding from you. Most switched over to Vito's group.
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:27:53 -0800, RayV wrote:

LOL. Coffee all over the keyboard. Thanks.
D.G. Adams
RayV wrote:

Now _THAT_ was a classic!
Larry Blanchard wrote:

So far for the month thinks seem to be tracking the last year or so.
It does appear that Leon's been slackin' off though. ;-)
See:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/about
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Larry Blanchard wrote:

all ist das undagaboten ist los ross

It's not just here, I've notived it in the bbq group, as well as the L.A. Dodger's group, even the home repair group (which is REALLY active). There's a lot of overlap between this group and those.
My wife says the same thing about her groups. And my girlfriend says volume is down in her groups, and her grilfriend says it about hers.
-Zz

....everybody has suddenly become so serious in here too....*whasup?*
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:21:52 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Art Bell
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

<grins>
-Zz
Robatoy wrote:

We all need to eat more ketchup. It has mellowing agents.     apologies to G. Keillor     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote:

Better ketchup than duct tape<G>.
Lew

you mean, like, satellite radio? *drum roll*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Bell is on XM 165.. I don't get 165. One at the shop, one in my office, one in my car. XM.ca doesn't list 165. Bastards

Z, I see you over on the BBQ group. This one hasn't been too bad lately, but you know over there, you say one thing that goes against the group collective's accepted way of doing things and you get shit blasted to another planet.
Pretty good set of bullies and know it alls over there, and some of the other groups as well right now. I think it is ridiculous that someone has to post with an apology in front of their question for it not being worthy item of interest, but that is what seems to be happening more and more on a lot of venues. Look at the response you got there when you top posted - you would have thought you boiled ribs before smoking!
I have noticed too, that on this ng after a long dust up about politics, the economy and religion (someway they seem to get intertwined) , it gets to be too tedious to hang around here for some digging through the chaff. Sometimes those folks come back, sometimes they don't. I like the unmoderated format, but let's face it, there are a lot more friendly places to be than a newsgroup.
I have to admit, I remember keeping count on the replies to the threads, and I remember a few things that really used to get people rushing to their keyboards in apoplectic fits - none of them really had too much to do with woodworking. You could type
Home Depot
or
I like Norm's work
or
What's wrong with Craftsman tools?
and the flood of liver bile and venom would fill the group. Gnashing of teeth, pounding on keyboards.... everyone had an opinion and a bitter experience to relate.
Now even those things are gone.
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
snip

What a garbage dump!!!!!.....I was trying to build a spiril staircase and all I could find was strait lumber, I asked one of those dumb-ass pimple faced clerks and he simply said "Duh!!!"

I suppose you get palpatations (nailshooter) when he uses a brad (nail) just until the glue drys.

When I was a kid thems were tools a kid would be proud of.......Thankfully the clerks at Sears have fewer pimples than at Home depot.

No wonder.... with half assed posts like yours...You made a list and left out Harbor Freight<G>.... Rod

Well, you got that right. No HD bash could be correct without mentioning some poor teenager's acne. It seems to be required, so I am glad you are sticking to group guidelines.

Thanks for the effort, Rod. ;^)
I don't know if it will actually stir anything up, but I do appreciate you hit on all three.
Robert