Visio templates for shop layout

Page 3 of 3
Jack, From the online research I've done, Visio 2000 files (including stencils and templates) should be directly readable by Visio 2003. I've had several people tell me that they *were* able to open the stencil and template in Visio 2003. Unfortunately I don't have Visio 2003 to play with it directly. Can you tell me if you're using the Professional or the Standard version of Visio? I don't know if that has anything to do with it, just looking for clues. - Harvey

Hi,
For those in need of a CAD program to use the templates look at the following write up.
IntelliCAD 2000
A complete and professional-quality CAD package compatible with Autodesk's .dwg format
IntelliCAD was originally released by Visio Corporation and was designed to be completely interchangeable with AutoCAD R14. It got close but lacks the 3D solid-modeling functions and TrueType fonts of AutoCAD R14. It proved popular, especially for those who wanted LISP. Viso surprised everyone by releasing the IntelliCAD source code. A new organisation called the IntelliCAD Technical Consortium was formed and given access to the source code. Members are free to develop commercial variations. You can also get free versions. CADopia provides the basic version of IntelliCAD 2000 as a free download. The password to unlock it is madison. The upshot is you have access to a top-notch professional CAD application for nothing, which can't be bad. This is available FREE at the PCPLUS site, a publication among the many from Future Publishing in Great Britain.
Click on the link below to download.
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleidQ31&subsectionid69&subsubsectionid &
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/ if the above fails to work go to this site and click on downloads and in the search box type in IntelliCAD 2000
There are many full featured applications there for the downloading.
Most Barnes & Noble Bookstores carry the PCPLUS magazine, which each month has attached 2 or more CD's or DVD's with loads of Software.
good luck to all
Jim