VIKING AGE ROWING CHEST

Damn, they could have at least used some darker lines.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

You just need stronger glasses. :)

Reply to
jaime

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 12:40pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) claims: You just need stronger glasses. :)

Moot point, I'm not making any anyway. When I go pillaging, my Viking long boat is gonna have a steam engine, not oars.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

That should cut down dramatically on the use of slaves. :)

Reply to
jaime

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 4:30pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) cut history classes and said: That should cut down dramatically on the use of slaves. :)

Ah, but the Vikings didn't use slaves as rowers.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Viking ships were rowed by warriors, not slaves.

For a look at what it was like to be a Viking oarsman using one of those chests, see:

rcook5

snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I haven't laughed quite that hard in a long time! I had happened to be reading about the Viking museum at Roskilde, Denmark this afternoon...

Patriarch, whose grandfather came from that island...

Reply to
Patriarch

Opps. My mistake. I'd better brush up on my history now.

Reply to
jaime

Yes I saw that earlier post. Back to the history books for me. :)

Reply to
jaime

Mon, Jan 31, 2005, 5:10am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com says: For a look at what it was like to be a Viking oarsman using one of those chests, see:

And this is what they sang while theiy're rowing.

The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

If not..they should. It's pretty funny.