Video of My Table Saw Out-feed Table

Page 1 of 2
Thanks for all the pictures and ideas. I made a folding version and it turned out great. Instead of taking pictures and having to write descriptions and all that, I just took some video and put it on youtube.
This is what I did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRgwJzlFrOE

--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote

Good job! I like the way you did the folding legs.
The background music sucks though. :-)
Lee Michaels wrote:

Did you see my other videos? I get comments about the music so I made sure the radio was off, this time. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Nice setup. How does it work when you tilt the blade? I watched most of the video but started to get seasick by the time you were putting the leg back up.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yeah, me too on the seasick. :-)
Blade tilts fine. I made the notch for the saw guard wide enough to let it pass. I had to cut a channel a bit in the bottom of the table to receive the motor.
--

-MIKE-

Nice job! Looks well thought out.
Wow Mike, video.! That definitely is more informative than pictures. Enjoyed the creative touches on your outfeed table. Well done.! Thanks for sharing.

Darn fine engeineering job and exicution there Mike. Very nice.
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:39:04 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-

Well done, sir!
-- We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Very nice. I take it your fence clamps in place on only one end? I have been wanting to do something for my table saw, but my fence hooks on the outfeed side, and clamps on the feed side.
Bob La Londe wrote:

Yes, it only clamps on the infeed side.
But google the crap out if, because I'm pretty cure I've seen some attached table designs for saws that have the fence hook on the outfeed side.
--

-MIKE-

Wish I could tell you "great job," but on dial-up, I'll never get to see your efforts. I'd ask for a copy, but suspect It would be too large to download at 56kps.
Hoosierpopi wrote:

Aren't you the guy who couldn't see my router table, either? I remember saying I'd put up pics, but never did. Sorry about that. I'll take some pics of both and get them up... and let you know when I do.
It's about 150megs, so probably too big. What's you limit... I could try to shrink it a bit.
--

-MIKE-

.GIF images take up less space (esp at 256 colors) and are fine for Internet Viewing. The resolution of many monitors is such that higher resolution/pixel images are wasted IMHO, of course.
On my web site, I try and keep it simple and fast loading to get the information across. Then, if needed, I can always shoot an interested party a higher resolution / larger file or point to such a copy "deeper" in my site.
I would say that VGA resolution would be fine for most of the stuff we share here and on similar sites as the option of sending a larger file always exists.
Thank you
Hoosierpopi wrote:

I was talking about the video, not pics.
--

-MIKE-

I was on dial for long time. When folks posted pics larger than 200 megs, it was just too much.
Currently I have an adjustable Record roller--works OK most of the time but not nearly as nice as the folding outfeed table. Great for cutting 4x8 sheets solo.

Dial up? People still use dial up? Geesh :^)

It's better than satellite. Satellite has such a high latency it's only good for downloading stuff (watching movies and the like) but the satellite companies all have (un)Fair Access Policies that limit how much you can download.
The latency on some connections is enough to make pages load in about the same amount of time as dialup!
Puckdropper
--
Is it Monday already?

On 23 Nov 2009 14:58:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper

Downloads of normal website pages was always fast for me. On uploads, though, I found it SLOWER than a 26.6k connect via a land line for moving a new website to the server. Small files took FOREVER on a sat connection due to those damned latencies. I'm _much, much_ happier with 1.5mbs DSL. I just saw that 7mbs is cheaper than I'm paying now for 1.5 and bitched to Qwest about it. They told me "Oh, sorry. 7mbs isn't available in your area yet. <grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!>
-- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca