Video of My Table Saw Out-feed Table

Thanks for all the pictures and ideas. I made a folding version and it turned out great. Instead of taking pictures and having to write descriptions and all that, I just took some video and put it on youtube.

This is what I did...

-MIKE-

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"-MIKE-" wrote

Good job! I like the way you did the folding legs.

The background music sucks though. :-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Did you see my other videos? I get comments about the music so I made sure the radio was off, this time. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice setup. How does it work when you tilt the blade? I watched most of the video but started to get seasick by the time you were putting the leg back up.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah, me too on the seasick. :-)

Blade tilts fine. I made the notch for the saw guard wide enough to let it pass. I had to cut a channel a bit in the bottom of the table to receive the motor.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice job! Looks well thought out.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Wow Mike, video.! That definitely is more informative than pictures. Enjoyed the creative touches on your outfeed table. Well done.! Thanks for sharing.

Reply to
Jim Hall

Reply to
Leon

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:39:04 -0600, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

-- We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Reply to
Larry Jaques

been wanting to do something for my table saw, but my fence hooks on the outfeed side, and clamps on the feed side.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This is what I did...

I could tell you "great job," but on dial-up, I'll never get to see your efforts. I'd ask for a copy, but suspect It would be too large to download at 56kps.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Hey, part of it loaded - got a bit of audio ("alright, here's the a . . .") and a nice image of the project (frame one, I suspect).

Very substantial in appearance.

I wonder if anyone has attempted or succeeded in building one using the torsion box approach? I built a table for a handicapped fellow using that approach (it had to be light to hang on steel shelving supports allowing clearance for the wheel chair) and (noticing the thickness of your project) thought it might be ideal for such a TS Extension - light and all that.

"out feed table made for my new to me Delta Table saw..." It's still coming in!

I noticed a cut out that appears to be under the fence. and another "behind" the blade. I am assuming the second is for the blade guard. But what is the first one I mentioned for?

"you can see down here..."

Wow, is that massive! It looks as if it's framed with a 2 x 6 and "topped" with two 3/4" thicknesses of particle board.

I got to the Miter Slot and had to get off line.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Yes, it only clamps on the infeed side.

But google the crap out if, because I'm pretty cure I've seen some attached table designs for saws that have the fence hook on the outfeed side.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is what I did...

Aren't you the guy who couldn't see my router table, either? I remember saying I'd put up pics, but never did. Sorry about that. I'll take some pics of both and get them up... and let you know when I do.

It's about 150megs, so probably too big. What's you limit... I could try to shrink it a bit.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Form follows function. Nice job!

TWO cat doors?

Reply to
Robatoy

Unisaw for a long time, but I've just never gotten around to it. At the same time I'd also want to redo the stock table board that came with my Unifence, which is quite crappy compared to the one that ships with the Biesemeyer fence, and I'd imagine that whatever I do with the table board might also play into the design of the out-feed table. I think maybe the only thing I'd do differently than you would be for the support legs to angle back towards the saw and attach to the mobile base instead of heading straight for the floor. Not quite as sturdy, but a little less intrusive, and the distance should be a "set it once and forget it" kinda thing. The saw would also retain the ability to remain mobile while the out-feed table is in use.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I thought of that and almost bought an interior door for it. Someone else in here pointed out that those luan doors are torsion boxes made from wood veneer sandwiching a cardboard honeycomb. I have shelves made from replaced interior doors that are holding up a lot of weight, and yeah, you can lift those doors with one hand.

I decides against using a door for several reasons. I already had all these leftover materials sitting around. I wanted a very smooth top and would have to treat the door surface in some way (that luan isn't exactly slick). At 20 bucks, the door would've tripled my budget. :-) I spent 10 on the piano hinge.

Yes, one for the guard. The other two for the miter slots. The fence was sitting on top of one of the slots.

The frame of the bigger section is mostly 2" wide boards-- 3 sides poplar with a tuba-four on the hinge side. That's the width the leftover poplar ended up after joining. I straightened and surfaced the tuba-four to match the small section, which is about 3-1/4" because I wanted it sturdy enough to hold the weight of the bigger table. The small section is mostly plywood with the poplar front to allow better holding for the hinge screws.

The frame on the short portion of the table is topped with 1/2" mdf for structure, with 1/2" melamine under-screwed to the mdf. I originally tried carpet tape but it wouldn't hold down well enough.

The large portion of the table is a single sheet of melamine under-screwed to the simple frame.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks. Coming from you, that means something. Not that the other compliments are unappreciated, but your work is always very impressive.

Ahhh, I *knew* someone would catch that. One in the garage door with a "keyed" entry and the other in the regular door so they can get in and out of the house. You need to see the one I made in the window. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

ube. This is what I did...

> Wish I could tell you "great job," but on dial-up, I'll never get to

Dial up? People still use dial up? Geesh :^)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks