Video Coming Through?

Page 1 of 2
I got a comment from someone on my website that my video page isn't working. I've tested it in Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE various versions and they all work on my machine.
Does it work for you?
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php
Thanks in advance.
On 3/09/11 7:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@garagewoodworks.com wrote:

Works here, Firefox 4beta12
--
Froz...

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 19:44:37 -0500, FrozenNorth

Works in FF 3.6.15, Brian.

I tried the beta for a few days and found my bookmarks missing. It ate my frackin' BOOKMARKS and PASSWORDS! I reverted to a freshly downloaded 3.6.15 and it has problems. I'm doubly pissed at the Mozilla team right now.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier
On 3/09/11 9:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

No problem since beta10, the RC just came out and I upgraded to that, quite happy with it.
--
Froz...

On 03/09/2011 07:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Try the xmarks plugin.
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 21:02:38 -0700, Doug Winterburn

Will it give me back seven years of hard-won bookmarks? I reverted to the old version, anyway.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier
On 03/09/2011 10:56 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

It would if you'd been using it for seven years or for one day if you'd installed it prior to the browser upgrade.

I use it to sync my bookmarks between my desktop and laptop. A good sync/backup plugin for your address book is synckolab.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:35:18 -0700, Doug Winterburn

Joys.
Bueno, bwana. I'll check it out.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Get some new ones.... after all Bush left the building 2 years ago. New sites for GOP contenders, some sites with those whacky Tea Party people.
7-year old book-marks? Really?
:-)
PS... I have this little button on my toolbar (dock) that says: Time Machine which restores my machine back as far as Sept 2010, and all points in between then and now. A nice feature. And Firewire 800 makes restoration very fast too... for those times when I install something that I wish I hadn't.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:50:36 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

I've never had more than a couple GOP sites but I'm adding Tea Party info all the time now.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT, YOU PERV! (Nah, I go for older women.)

I never used to have a problem with Mozilla. The bookmarks were stored in a nice little HTML file and I could edit it anywhere. Now, it's apparently in SQLite format and I'll have to figure it out.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier
On 3/10/2011 7:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Might give this little Mozilla Thunderbird add-on a shot...
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/sqlite-manager/
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

I wonder if that'll work on Firefox...
Thanks.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier
On 3/10/2011 10:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yep, there is an identical add-on for FireFox. Be careful though, it will also open any and all sqlite dbs used elsewhere on your system. You could really screw the pooch if not very very careful and always backup and set restore points before play. Also note that in some situations you may need to elevate user privileges for access to certain files, depending upon your system configuration.
Good luck,
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

Found it.
I only wish I had a restore point before grabbing that beta, damnit. Luckily, I had a large percentage of the old database, but I'll be sure to save the bookmarks more often in the future.
Complacency sucks, mon.
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

I eschew the built-in bookmarks, and instead create a simple HTML page (accessed with file: URI) to which I add any interesting bookmarks.
scott
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

-------------------------------- SFWIW:
I run FireFox.
Created the following directory:
C:\BookMarks
Once a week, go into bookmarks organize and save current list to C:\BookMarks.
Simple, which I need, and it works.
Haven't lost one yet.
Lew
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:26:03 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

I realized true horror when I found that I hadn't done a bookmark backup since '07. That won't happen again.
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch
On 3/11/2011 9:54 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

<Snipped>
Larry,
Grab a copy of this free extension and you should be good to go...
<http://softwarebychuck.com/febe/febe.html
You can change the defaults to save all anywhere you wish and still readable with a simple text editor, also will do routine backups automagically so, like me, if memory has been an issue it won't be any longer.<g>
Good luck,
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

I like it. DLing now.

_NOW_ YOU GUYS !@#$%^& TELL ME! <sniff, snort, HONK>
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch
*snip*

Of the bookmarks or FF?
If you're running certain versions of Windows (most of Windows 7 editions), there's a Previous Version feature that will let you retrieve random versions of the file. Right click on the file and select "Retrieve Previous Versions" and maybe you'll get lucky and get most of the bookmarks back.
Puckdropper