Very OT - Your Congress At Work

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19108522 /
I still say, we ought to shoot one of them every once in awhile, to try to keep the rest of 'em honest. Problem with that, it'd only work as long as they remembered it, we'd probably be shooting one every ten minutes.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:01:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Speaking as one who was born and raised in Louisiana, that's nothing to get overly concerned about - just business as usual in La. politics. The bribery, that is, although the shootin' ain't unheard of.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

And that's a problem exactly how? Less than four days to achieve a substantial improvement sounds more like an opportunity.
--
Regards,
On Jun 11, 12:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

My dear American friends are having soooo much trouble with their elected officials. Here, in Canuckistan, our politicians are upright, solid citizens who only have our interests in mind and they'd never tell a lie to get elected. Once elected, they never break promises either. There are no corporate kick-backs from defence contractors, no price gouging by oil companies, no racial strife, we all love another.
(J T) wrote:

How you can say that with a straight face is beyond me.

He might be running for a local office?
Mark
(J T) wrote:

Then he has himself fooled. :)

Easy. Wanna see me do it while drinking a glass of water?
Robatoy wrote:

And don't y'all come to the states for your medical needs?
Wayne
I LOVE your play on words in the subject... "Congress At Work", That's just hilarious!!!
J T wrote:

On Jun 11, 12:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Did you express similar outrage when Mark Foley was diddling with little boy pages? I don't see the need for outrage. The system seems to be working. Jefferson will be afforded due process and face his accusers in a court of law. Although there are probably legitimate reasons for a freezer full of cash, my gut tells me he'll enjoy Federal accommodations along side Randy 'Duke' Cunningham.
Jeff wrote:

As I recall, the "little boy pages" were, in fact, of legal age of consent. This makes his behavior vile, distasteful, foul, and morally outrageous, but not illegal.

Hence the term "Cold Hard Cash"...

It's okay. He was actually a drunk and not a perv. He went to rehab - the Kennedy kind, not the Focus On the Family cure-me-of-the-gay kind. Jefferson should be checking in any day now. Because no matter what you do in contemporary America, all is better if you spend a couple weeks pretending to go through the steps. By the time you emerge from the Betty Ford Clinic, the next news cycle is well under way....
Jeff wrote:

Certainly true. The first 12-step program I believe that "news reporters" go to is one that cures them of their natural addictions to facts and logic ...

Mon, Jun 11, 2007, 9:47am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Jeff) doth mumble: Did you express similar outrage when Mark Foley was diddling with little boy pages? <snip>
Did you miss the part where I typed: "I still say, we ought to shoot one of them every once in awhile, to try to keep the rest of 'em honest." ?
I believe "still" is the operational word.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
J T wrote:

That's bad?
--

dadiOH