Veritas medium shoulder plane

I received one of these last week, and I have to say: this is the nicest plane I have ever used. Comfortable, precise, and functional.
(BTW, I have no financial connection to Lee Valley except that they periodically get some of my money)
Nate Perkins wrote:

The large shoulder plane is ALSO tres cool! I started with the Medium one, and then broke down and asked my family to place one under last year's Christmas tree. They did. I use it as much as the medium one.
Only "periodically"? :) Me too. In fact I'm running out of things that I'd consider "must haves" for myself. I've been thinking about the new 22" plane, though...
Dave

Love mine, too. But how about that router plane? It's my next purchase....
George wrote:

I looked at that online, but I can't see that I need that one. What would you use it for? I have a dado blade and plenty of router bits. I'm sure there's a use; I just don't recognize what it is. Thanks!
Dave

Bottoming dados cleanly, even the hand-cut ones which take much less time than setting up the saw. Nibble and clean on the table saw really quickly, without worrying about paring errors.
Makes better inlay bottoming,too. Routers leave fibers standing unevenly.
Then there's accurate and rapid hinge mortising, which alone would justify the purchase.
George wrote:

Thanks, George. Keep talking and my wallet is going to get lighter (or a family member's at Christmas time). There is a limited (to my mind, anyway) number of chisel widths available--1/4 and 1/2. Is that enough to cover inlay work? I haven't done any, but thought that narrower than 1/4 was common. Am I wrong?
Dave
Dave

Got a grinder? Or, wait six months and they'll bring out the little 'un.