Veritas Jointer blade sharpening jig

Does anyone use this?

Would it work on 12 1/2" planer knives as well as the stated 8" or smaller jointer knives?

My local knife sharpeners are becoming less reliable and I'm thinking of "insourcing" my jointer and planer knife sharpening.

Other suggestions are welcome, but I'm not really interested on dropping $800 for a Tormek and related accessories.

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

The Makita 9820 handles big knives and isn't nearly that much money.

have one lying around somewhere that I've been aiming to clean up and either use it or sell it. You've made me wonder where it got off to...

RicodJour

Full Review Here -

answer most of your questions...

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

Over 100 detailed woodworking product reviews now online! +

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Double Edge Trimmer

- Kreg Bandsaw Fence

- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System