Veritas honing jig

Page 2 of 2
Allen Epps wrote:

You'll be sorry. You'd have been better off to just buy some crack or cigarettes or something that wouldn't be so *addictive* as the catalog. :)

<snip>
... now if he'd bought it from us, then maybe we could've done better.... ;)
Cheers -
Rob
Holy crap! Why aren't I shopping there?!
Is there one in atlanta, and if not, WHEN WILL THERE BE ONE?!
*trots off to order a catalog*
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:00:19 -0500, Robin Lee wrote:

tmbg wrote:

Nope, sorry. Only in Canada eh! :)
...Mike
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:35:50 +0000, Mike Alexander wrote:

boo :(
guess I'll have to be content with highland for local trips. Woodcraft is further away and 15% more expensive :P
tmbg wrote:

I should have been a little more clear. They only have stores in Canada, but they do do mail order to the US, and from what I've read it's quite quick. I've never dealt with their mail order dept, since I live less than 20 minutes away from their flagship store in Ottawa (neener neener ;) )
...Mike
Mike Alexander wrote:

Yeah, Rob needs to move south to some place where there isn't so much snow, where people start freezing to death left and right when the temperature gets to 0 F.
When you branch out into America and open a store in or near Christiansburg, VA Rob, just let me know. I'll go take whatever classes I need to qualify to earn $15 an hour in whatever capacity there and you'll have an employee for life.
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:42:52 -0500, Silvan wrote:

Yeah, that goes for me too! Open an atlanta store, and I'll either be your best customer or your best employee :)
Robin:
I think your best bet is opening a store in the Paramus NJ area, somewhere between the BORG and IKEA. It is straight down the NY Thruway and Route 17. Couldn't be easier to reach from your neck of the woods.
I need a better place to spend my money!
--
Best regards
Han

I managed to do exactly the same thing. I think I should have put a bit of oil inside the roller early, perhaps LV uses graphite and it doesn't quite make it.
LV sent me a new roller, and it was easy to install. I removed the snap ring, but I don't think I needed too. Just get your allen wrench and loosen the brass knob on the shaft, then it will come off. then you can loosen the other set screw on the spacer and the shaft will come off allowing the roller to be replaced. Took about 8 minutes.
Alan
So I remember the instructions stating to wash the roller off with water and then oil it when done. My question is what kind of oil should I use?
Thanks, Mike
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Alan W) wrote in message

Thanks everyone, as you can see the problem has been taken care of by the king of customer service!
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD