Veritas honing jig

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know if I can get a replacement roller for the Veritas honing jig. I've managed to put a flat spot on it while using it with Jap waterstones. It was only about the 3rd time I'd used it and I don't think the roller was sticking. Maybe I was inadvertantly braking it with my hand or something. Anyway, I'd much rather replace the roller than have to buy a whole new one.
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:07:37 -0500, Donnie Vazquez

The manual that comes with the jig says all parts are replaceable, and may be ordered directly from the manufacturer. The roller part number is 05X07.03.
Two snail mail addresses are in the manual. Neither a phone number nor a web address is provided.
Veritas Tools
1080 Morrison Dr Ottawa, ON K2H 8K7
12 East River Ave. Ogdensburg NY 13669
-------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke
Ehvee8or wrote:

Veritas is Lee Valley's brand. Just give LV a call, and I'm sure they will help you out.
...Mike
Ehvee8or wrote:

Manual? I didn't get no steenkin' manual.

All I got was the back of the card it came attached to. Figured it out without problems though and I love it! Allen Catonsville, MD
Donnie -
No charge for this - contact snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com and we'll send you a new roller....
Or - if your street number is 55, then we have you on file - just email me and I'll set it up.
Cheers -
Rob

Not that any of us need it, but here is just another example of why Robin and Lee Valley is the best!
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Robin Lee" < snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com> wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:22:51 GMT, "Larry C in Auburn, WA"

Yeah, the guy from Amazon does this all the time. <G>
Barry
sure Robin, you're gonna mail him his replacement - I had to drive all the way from Syracuse to Ottawa to get mine....;)
And what a trip it was too! I was invited by Robin to tour the new store and facilities just after it opened but unfortunately only made it there about 30 mins before closing time. That was long enough to pick up a replacement roller (thank you) plus a couple of other items (twin screw vise, bull-nose plane, a #80 and a few other goodies but had to forgo the tour.
I will be visiting again soon and I have my list!
Bob S.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? You're not willing to personally hop in the car and hand-deliver it??? I am so upset at this level of customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
PS: Placed my first order w/ LV a few weeks ago and now have that "vilified" catalog in hand. I now understand why people ask for it to arrive in a plain brown wrapper.
Hell, I didn't know I had the last LV catalog until I happened to be emptying the garbage can in the "women's" bathroom here at the house ... that's the one where the seat is welded down so those tender buns don't get jolted on a cold dark morn ... seems like it went straight from the mailbox to there. If my last name was Spears, that would be grounds for instant annulment.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/04
Swingman writes:

It's almsot enough to make you set up a separate mailbox for the shop.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

Based on experiences I hear like this on the REC I've just ordered my first LV catalog.
Allen Catonsville, MD
"Allen Epps" wrote in message ...

I guess next thing you'll be wanting to know when and where the meetings are held ...
brought forth from the murky depths:

I'm still looking in my 12-step manual for "shipping terms"...
--------------------------------------------------------------- Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications ---------------------------------------------------------------
Groggy notes:

How about the January catalog? Anyone else like that cover a lot?
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

SWMBO said "that's really nice, make me one tomorrow. OK?" I live about halfway between the LV stores in London and Burlington, I never know which way to turn. Don

Sure did, would love to be able to create something like that.
Scott
Charlie Self wrote:

Oh man, it's gorgeous indeed! I don't like the gleam in SWMBO's eye though.
Appeasing SWMBO's desire will be very expensive and time consuming.
I think Robin has a mean streak.