Veritas cabinet scraper useful if I already have their scraper plane?

is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have various shaped steel scrapers.
dave

yes
Battleax wrote:

Dave
"David" wrote in message

Nice to have, but not a necessary. Even owning one, I generally grab for a regular scraper first, but on big surfaces, like table tops and glued panels, the veritas cabinet scraper does save hot thumbs and sore hands.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05
David wrote:

if you are talking about card scrapers.....
1> sure. there are plenty of places where you will want a differentangle/just a corner, some application other than full plane function from a scraper.
2> I suspect that you are talking about something other than a cardscraper. it's not like LV to price gouge on stuff. a card scraper should cost between 10 and 20 bucks. got a link to the item in question?

I took it that he was referring to their version of the old Stanley No. 80 cabinet scraper ... maybe not.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Scraping plane:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pH431&cat=1,41182,48945
Cabinet Scraper:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&cat=1,310&pF266
Chris
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
got a link to the item in question?

Dave
Card scraper for $10.00 to $20.00? Buying those gold plated ones again, eh?
a card scraper

CW wrote:

Maybe its laser-guided...
Chris
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:04:25 -0800, David wrote:

I have found the Cabinet scraper very useful for 'heavy' work, like scraping the bandsaw marks+hide glue off of veneer. Scraper plane, not so nice for that kind of application.
PK