Veritas cabinet scraper useful if I already have their scraper plane?

is there any application that would make better use of the cabinet scraper ($46) from LV, as opposed to their scraper plane? I also have various shaped steel scrapers.

dave

Reply to
David

yes

Reply to
Battleax

specifics?

Dave

Reply to
David

Nice to have, but not a necessary. Even owning one, I generally grab for a regular scraper first, but on big surfaces, like table tops and glued panels, the veritas cabinet scraper does save hot thumbs and sore hands.

Reply to
Swingman

if you are talking about card scrapers.....

1> sure. there are plenty of places where you will want a different angle/just a corner, some application other than full plane function from a scraper.

2> I suspect that you are talking about something other than a card scraper. it's not like LV to price gouge on stuff. a card scraper should cost between 10 and 20 bucks. got a link to the item in question?

Reply to
bridgerfafc

I took it that he was referring to their version of the old Stanley No. 80 cabinet scraper ... maybe not.

Reply to
Swingman

Scraping plane:

Scraper:

Chris Friesen

I have found the Cabinet scraper very useful for 'heavy' work, like scraping the bandsaw marks+hide glue off of veneer. Scraper plane, not so nice for that kind of application.

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

got a link to the item in question?

here you go:

David

Card scraper for $10.00 to $20.00? Buying those gold plated ones again, eh?

Reply to
CW

Maybe its laser-guided...

Chris