veneering end grain?

What will happen if you veneer end grain with hot melt veneer? (specifically hard maple) A month ago I made up a 18" long sample, but it was only 3" wide. It has bent into an arc. I should have veneered both sides, but I didn't think of it; it was the only long piece of end grain I had using a wider piece wasn't possible. I can't be the first person to have thought of this, so perhaps you can let me know what happens over the years.

Reply to
toller

"toller" wrote in news:4F0_c.3087$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

There's a great two-part video on veneering on the FWW site right now. Spent about half an hour with it the other night, whilst SWMBO was watching the never-ending coverage of the Olympics....

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch