Veneer trim

Okay, here goes ... rookie question:
I want to use some oak veneer " wide trim (the iron on stuff) on a curved oak ply 5/8" end surface which has both convex and concave curves, none of which are too dramatic.
I unrolled some to length, let it straighten ... my curiosity got the better of me, and I ever so gently started to dry fit it and ... yup, it snapped ... small piece off the end, no biggie.
I DAGS first thing, and no good answers were found for concave or complex fits, including from the group.
How does one get this stuff to bend in complex ways without compromising the backing or snapping it 'cause it's dry? Or am I SOL for making a bad choice?
TYIA
David

---------- I'll hazard a guess.
It's more pliable when warm. And if you were to use a heated roller and just follow the curve like the edge-banding machines do it might work out OK.
As I said, it's a guess. But that is what I would try.
Heat gun and a pressure roller(j-roller) will do the trick...