Veneer Joining

Hi
I am trying to find any information I can about joining veneer at 45-degree angles i.e. the join from the top of a table to the side. Do you place the top piece then the side or vice versa, and what tools would you use to create a crisp joint.
I have tried to find online information but so far I have had no luck and so I would appreciate any help I can get, including recommendations to any books there are with this kind of information.
Thanks in advance S.Topp
Top is always last

and
Thanks George.

you
you
any
Sorry 90 degrees

and
Pick up this book: Veneering A Foundation Course, by Mike Burton.
ISBN: 0-8069-2855-7
list price $19.95
dave