Vanity Cabinet

My brother's father-in-law designed this cabinet. He wanted to try to sell a few on eBay to see how well they would do: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85694128&category 093
I was wondering what you all thought of this design. How much would you pay for an item like this?
thanx, rharpe
Its saleable but not in plain white paint , it needs some art work You may get a few sales but don't go into mass production George

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85694128&category 093

pay
Do you mean flower designs?
Thanks for the response, this type of feedback is extremely helpful. -rharpe

sell
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85694128&category 093

This design was used a hundred years ago.It had a hole in the center for a large basin and a jug of water was kept below. They were simply called "wash stands" with a towel rack on the side that was placed in guest rooms.I have seen quite a few over the years and the legs are very similar as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85694128&category 093

pay
So it's not as custom as we thought? Do you think they are a hot item or not? To me it's a plain cabinet... but I have no class when it comes to wood products. ;)
Thanks for the response. What would something like this sell for if it were 100 years old? (Just curious.)
-rharpe

sell
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%85694128&category 093

It's a good design but not particularly unique or eye catching. Maybe some distressing and antiquing, pickling, a nicely done clear finish, toll painting?
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net