Using Leather Dye On Wood

Recently, I ebonized a block of birch for a project. I swabbed on the black leather dye, let it dry, rubbed it in, and finished it coats of a varnish-boiled linseed oil - turpentine mixture. I'm pleased with the results.
I tried the same technique on a piece of red oak, and it also looks good. I plan to try some other colors.
Joel Jacobson