Using a miter saw while wearing gloves

Page 2 of 2
On Monday, December 1, 2014 7:23:13 PM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

Amen. Testify.
No where in this post is there a mention of using the proper glove for a ta sk. Loose, heavy, poor fitting gloves (looking at the video, I would think the stick should have been wearing a "small", MAYBE a "medium"...) are a r ecipe/invitation for disaster and injury. As are baggy sleeves, long hair, dangling jewelry, etc. Loose material allows the machine to grab it, as o pposed to a tight fitting material which fits closely to your hands or body .
Just this last year's winter I discovered these compression work gloves I h ave seen some of the guys wearing for some time now. The arthritis in my h ands made it almost impossible to work, no matter how much Ibuprofin/Alleve /aspirin I took. So in desperation I bought a pair of them at H Depot to k eep some of the cold out and get a little support for my aching hands.
They actually worked pretty well. I was putting up siding and trims outsid e a house, them moved inside for some miscellaneous work. My hands still h urt, but gripping was easier and strangely, they didn't ache as long after the end of the day as they did when I wasn't wearing them.
They are already in the tool box. When wearing them, I will make sure I ke ep my hands off the spinning saw blades and away from spinning drill bits. Kinda like I do now...
Robert
Pompous sounding spam...
--
Swingman <kac nospam.com> wrote in news:O--dnVLC1_jjieDJnZ2dnUVZ5hmdnZ2d giganews.com:

On 12/1/2014 9:09 PM, John Doe wrote:

Another unformatted post from Google Groups...
--
"nailshooter41 aol.com" <nailshooter41 aol.com> wrote in news:200b151f-ac98-4654-9ce3-6843a5b1060e googlegroups.com:

There are lots of people missing fingers because they too lack common sense and are too blind to accept reality...
--
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote in news:rrqdnUWFZLkV3-DJnZ2dnUVZ5gmdnZ2d giganews.com:

On 12/1/2014 10:49 PM, John Doe wrote:

Oh My God If only you had always been around to guide me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INkwB7P5NpM&feature=youtu.be&t=1m13s

The reason it might look like the glove was dropped is simply because of how fast the blade pulled the glove. But in fact what happened is the glove was slid towards the blade and when the saw blade caught the glove, the board was yanked. That's why it looked like the glove was dropped on the blade. Some people would rather deny reality than learn...
--
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote in news:oZOdnRuPss5S2eDJnZ2dnUVZ5gGdnZ2d giganews.com:

On 12/1/2014 10:56 PM, John Doe wrote:

Ok, whatever, you have made your mind up and you could not be wrong.
You are that guy.
Now run along.
All talk and no proof...
--
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote in news:oZOdnRqPss7M2ODJnZ2dnUVZ5gGdnZ2d giganews.com:

Can it wait until your mother's finished, Leon?
No, actually you can clearly see what happens in the video (even if you must slow it down) and it's not like what Leon says. The glove was not dropped onto the saw blade. The glove was slid into the saw blade and that violent tug of the glove being pulled into the blade is what caused the appearance of the glove being dropped.
--
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote in news:oZednf20Krs31ODJnZ2dnUVZ5r6dnZ2d giganews.com:

This may be one of those things where the blade won't grab the glove often at all, but when it does the results are worse than it would be without gloves. That would be reason enough to discourage the practice.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 12/2/2014 12:56 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Exactly, too dam risky if the odds were 1000 to 1. You are going to probably jump or throw your hand into the blade if you are that close to start with and your glove hits the blade.

Yeah. He wanders the groups doing the same thing...inciting then name calling and posting headers when someone replies in a manner it doesn't like. He is a one trick pony.
--

dadiOH
On 12/2/2014 4:31 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Mostly a PIA.