Using a hinge jig for the first time

I normally don't do hinges (never had the need). Anyway I'm building a new A-Frame for my dog agility trainig, and at the apex I've decided to use some heavy duty hinges so the A- Frame can be raised and lowered at the apex. I'd like to recess the hinges (better look, more stability, etc). So how do I marry a hinge jig with a hinge, and where is the best place to get such a jig (where template and router bit and sheath are included)? I presume for different sized hinges I'll need a different jig? I plan to use only one sized hinge on the A-Frame.
Thanks Jerry

I have a PC router dedicated to door hinges, with its own box. In the box I have this:
http://tinyurl.com/2xorrk
Based on the fact that 1) you aren't going to do many doors and 2) haven't had the need to do so in the past, this thing is a steal. It adjusts to different door and hinge widths and is even usable on installed door jambs. I have been using one for years, and with the template and bit both under $25 it is indeed a steal.
However, you MUST be able to measure very accurately and understand how to set the template up to make sure both halves of the hinges are set square. Otherwise you will burn a ton of wood using this thing. It is harder to use then a template kit, but it isn't two hundred dollars either. Fiddle around with it a little to set it up and get the feel of using it with your router, and it will cut perfect mortises for you. The bit has a guide bearing, so you don't need collets or any other stuff to make this thing go.
Since my door replacements are usually one a time these days (multiples are pre-hung) I don't even pack the template set anymore, I just take the little gizmo with me.
Robert
cool tool Thanks for the advice Robert I have a PC router too

Or for a template a little bit more substantial, but less than $100 http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p@219&cat=3,41305,41301