Uses for carbide "teeth"

I have ten or so good teeth left in my little 3" table saw blade. But it's useless for its original purpose.
So I'm wondering, what to do with it? I can sweat off the carbide tips.
I could use one for the edge of a 1/16" wide chisel. :) Braze it onto a piece of steel shaped for the purpose... one for paring (thin and long), one for mortising (fat and hard).
What else?
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

Gee, I thought I was cheap!
Save the rest for replacements for those chisels.
Grind one thin for the cutter for a marking guage or a striking knife--assuming you have the diamond tools needed to do that.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

That's good... and cheap? These tips are about $3 each!
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

Recovering the teeth from a worn-out sawblade is the cheap part.
The sort of cheapness I admire, in fact.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Here's a story about a guy making a living working with recycled hand saw blades:
<http://www.outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article &5>

You can braze the tips onto steel rods and make your own tools for hollow turning.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hmm, a lathe is on my wishlist... it'll be a metal lathe, though. Not that I won't be using it for small wood stuff.
er
--
email not valid

If one day you chip a tooth, glue a carbide in. Amaze you friends and gain their admiration when you gnaw a rough stick into a beautiful spindel.
Pete :)

Probably not a good use for a chisel. They would most likely shatter after a few blows and would be hard to get as sharp as a regular chisel.
Leon wrote:

At least the paring chisel will be okay, and with such a small cutting surface I shouldn't need so much force as to require a mallet.
And... it'll be sharper than any other 1/16" chisel I have. :)
er
--
email not valid