Used woodworking tools in Mpls/St. Paul area???

Anyone here around the Twin Cities (Minnesota) area know of a good place to see ads for used woodworking tools? I've looked at the Star-Tribune classifieds, and Tradin' Times before and not seen much. Is there anything local and specific to woodworking tools - or tools in general I could check?

I like the idea of buying a well-made used power tool rather than new, but I haven't been lucky enough to find anything I want at garage sales or estate sales.

Thanks

Reply to
Keith Carlson

the best in the twin cities, but is really the place for find used stuff on the west coast. I would imagine in the next couple years it will be the spot in the midwest as well. It's free to post, and free to respond to posts, so an ideal way to sell stuff and keep the most money.

Hope that helps

Andrew

Reply to
Tattooed and Dusty

Reply to
Dave Miller

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

There were a few things on craigslist, too. Funny thing was one guy selling a bunch of tools he's had for a few years because he intended to get into woodworking and never had time. Brand new 3hp Jet cabinet saw, Jet jointer, etc. It's hard for me to picture intending to go into whatever hobby, and just going out and dumping a bunch of money to get everything right away.

Reply to
Keith Carlson

"Keith Carlson" wrote in news:Wlxhe.81696$WI3.2759@attbi_s71:

The questions are posted here all of the time. People see what Norm does on television, in 24 minutes, and assume that a $10k shop is 'table stakes'. Certainly not true.

The other part of this is that life changes. Do you have the same hobbies and interests as you did 10 or 15 years ago? Or abilities? Or family situation?

Thank goodness for equipment resale. Have you tried selling 3-year old, top of the line golf clubs?

Good luck with finding the right tools, at the right time. Don't be in too much of a hurry.

Patriarch, installing a new-to-me, 52 year old jointer this week...

Reply to
Patriarch