Used tool place in Minneapolis MN. area?

I remember someone posting here once about a place that sells used tools (not a pawn shop) somewhere in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. We are going there for a get away weekend, and too go to the woodworking show. Also checking out a few woodworking stores. Hope it's a good time.

I also remembered I wrote down the name and address of this place, but I can't remember where I put it.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
ToolMiser

Sometimes I even scare myself. As soon as I completed my post, I thought of another place to look, and found the name of the place I was looking for.

Tried & True Tools

7550 University Ave, N.E. Fridley, MN 55432

Is it worth the stop?

Reply to
ToolMiser

Also Tool Raider in Bloomington on 90th and Lyndale, new and used stuff. I bought all of my Shop Fox tools there.

Paul Hastings

Reply to
Paul Hastings

My understanding was that they've moved from Fridley/University Ave. location. You might want to White Page this before setting out.

I don't know. It's been a couple of years but I saw wall to wall 'chinery, tools and dirty paper when I was there. All I came home with was a Delta Art Deco switch box from the pre-60's era. I gave the nice man $38 for it. Last time one of these came up on eBay the seller retired from the sale.

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Are you coming to the woodworking seminar with Frank Klausz at MCAD this weekend? If so, see you there.

Regards, Allen

Reply to
Allen Windhorn

On 15 Oct 2004 09:35:23 -0500, Allen Windhorn calmly ranted:

You'll have lots of fun there. He's very entertaining, a really good guy, and a humbly proficient woodworker. Listen closely. He has a LOT to say and is extremely experienced with wood. The SDFWA hosted him about 5 years ago and it was an outstanding weekend for $45, despite the 100 mile R/T each day.

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

Reply to
Bob Peterson

My report: I made it to the woodworking show. We attended three seminars about kitchen cabinets. Not rocket science, but he did have some good information, and I am now motivated to start making some. As far as the "used" tool places go, we went to Tried & True Tools-they had a quite a bit of stationary ones, and not a lot of portable ( of good quality). Their prices seemed a little high, but could be worse. We also took in Re-Tool, and it was a smaller operation, and selection was limited. It reminded me more of a pawn shop. I didn't spend much time there, but also didn't have to unload the vehicle either. I am sure they are always hit or miss situations. Anybody know if either will deal? How much do they charge to sell? Thanks!

Reply to
ToolMiser