Used shellac for the first time - need advice

Page 4 of 4
I used Floquil's paints about 20 years ago and I can't recall the odor. I do remember being warned about the toxic nature of the solvent, of which I still have a small can. Xylene is what I was told yesterday is used in conversion varnish (Sherwin Williams). Do you know if that is true of most/all C-V?
dave
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

I get 99% anhydrous isopropyl at printer supply house.

Printer supply house carry 99% Isopropyl.
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:59:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net (Steve James) wrote:

Silvan wrote:

Must be a smell that is specific to different people. I mix my shellac with denatured alcohol (from HD) and strongly prefer the smell over mineral spirits. It brings to mind fond memories from college :>
--
Chris Merrill

I LOVE the smell of shellac!
Barry