Used machinery

I have watched this site for several years now and it looks like a good site. Has some reasonable prices and I think he will ship.
http://www.mikestools.com /
I just noticed that he has a used Unisaw, 2 hp for $800.

Sorry. Been under the weather today. I thought it said Unisaw.

LRod wrote:

On the OWWM this particular saw has earned the distinction of being called a Contractor'sSawInnaBox (CSIAB) or the WantsaBeAUnisaw (WBAU).
Interestingly enough there is a CSIAB being listed on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#42129872
The seller lists it correctly and even goes to the extent of saying that he has "upgraded" to a 5 Horse Unisaw (further indication that the saw in question is a lesser grade) but despite this I expected to see people going ga-ga over it. So far, no bites.
Maybe people are smarter than I thunk.
UA100
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

all things considered, if a fellow could get that thing for less that say, 700$ its not a bad deal for a CSIAB. . .on the other hand,,,that saw and a bus token gets you downtown.

Don't hold your breath K.
Traves
Is that along the lines of the Delta "Junior"?
GTO(John)

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Ayup, following up to my own reply. Pathetic? You decide.
I looked up the Junior Unisaw in the catalogs.
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?idV3
The weight listed for this saw is 285 lbs. plus another 60-70 lbs. for the motor. I couldn't find anything in the catalogs for the later WantsBeAUnisaw/CabinetSawInABox for final comparison.
I'm not sure it shows in the picture at the link above but the innards on this thing are quite substantial. From my own comparison to the WBAU/CSIAB I can tell you the Junior is heftier. Hell, it's heftier than the contractor's saw.
I did get word late yesterday that Delta would be re-releasing there WBAU/CSIAB. I suspect with everyone else having such success with their own versions Delta is feeling they may have been a wee bit hasty in removing it from the market.
UA100
Sorrry guys. I have watched his stuff for things like drill presses cause he comes up withg good old ones. I confess that I did not look at the picture but jumped the gun. Sorry. Ought to know better with you sharp guys.
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:46:05 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"

Yeah, the only thing I have seen was a 3hp and a 5hp.

Jon Endres, PE wrote:

Actually Jon the Unisaw was sold with a 2 horse motor. Mid/late 60's?
UA100, who really needs to work up that Unisaw type study in his, eh-hem, *spare* time...