Used machinery

I have watched this site for several years now and it looks like a good site. Has some reasonable prices and I think he will ship.

Ramsey

I just noticed that he has a used Unisaw, 2 hp for $800.

Reply to
Ramsey

Reply to
Ramsey

On the OWWM this particular saw has earned the distinction of being called a Contractor'sSawInnaBox (CSIAB) or the WantsaBeAUnisaw (WBAU).

Interestingly enough there is a CSIAB being listed on eBay.

seller lists it correctly and even goes to the extent of saying that he has "upgraded" to a 5 Horse Unisaw (further indication that the saw in question is a lesser grade) but despite this I expected to see people going ga-ga over it. So far, no bites.

Maybe people are smarter than I thunk.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:39:07 GMT, Unisaw A100 Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

all things considered, if a fellow could get that thing for less that say, 700$ its not a bad deal for a CSIAB. . .on the other hand,,,that saw and a bus token gets you downtown.

Don't hold your breath K.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Is that along the lines of the Delta "Junior"?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Sorrry guys. I have watched his stuff for things like drill presses cause he comes up withg good old ones. I confess that I did not look at the picture but jumped the gun. Sorry. Ought to know better with you sharp guys.

Reply to
Ramsey

Yeah, the only thing I have seen was a 3hp and a 5hp.

Reply to
Ramsey

Actually Jon the Unisaw was sold with a 2 horse motor. Mid/late 60's?

UA100, who really needs to work up that Unisaw type study in his, eh-hem, *spare* time...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Ayup, following up to my own reply. Pathetic? You decide.

I looked up the Junior Unisaw in the catalogs.

weight listed for this saw is 285 lbs. plus another

60-70 lbs. for the motor. I couldn't find anything in the catalogs for the later WantsBeAUnisaw/CabinetSawInABox for final comparison.

I'm not sure it shows in the picture at the link above but the innards on this thing are quite substantial. From my own comparison to the WBAU/CSIAB I can tell you the Junior is heftier. Hell, it's heftier than the contractor's saw.

I did get word late yesterday that Delta would be re-releasing there WBAU/CSIAB. I suspect with everyone else having such success with their own versions Delta is feeling they may have been a wee bit hasty in removing it from the market.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100