Used Chisels for sale?

Hello to all. I'm form Vancouver Island Canada. Ive had a heck of a time finding some well used, well looked after socket type cabinet makers chisels (beveled edge). I would prefer a set, but would be happy to find individuals as long as the end result was to own a nice range of sizes and of course that the quality be kept up. Any information would be very much apprecited. Thank you.

Mike Billings

Reply to
Michael Billings

eBay

for Socket chisels, search for Stanley Chisel (750,740,720) as of this writing, returns 8 hits.

One of the hits is a set of 3 #750s 1/2, 3/4, and 1" with 2 days left in the auction and current bid less than $30. I'd be tempted if I didn't already have all I need.

Stanley Everlasting chisels, while not technically socket types, have a heft and feel that I like and fit my hand well. The #20 type handle is very similar to those of the #7XX so far as handle shape is concerned. They are also expensive. I'd like to collect a set of the #20's but paying the grocery bill has a higher priority.

eBay search Stanley Chisel (20,40,50,Everlasting) as of this writing returns 5 hits.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Suggestion: When doing your search, also try plurizing (sp?) the word ie.. Chisels

eBay

for Socket chisels, search for Stanley Chisel (750,740,720) as of this writing, returns 8 hits.

Reply to
Glider Rider