used cabinet saw in Dallas area

I am looking for a used cabinet saw to replace my old Craftsman and I wanted to know if anyone knew someone who had one that is not used anymore. I am looking for a 1 phase 220 volt 10' saw in good shape with or without a motor. I looked at Ebay and didnt find anything there and I have seen a couple of online auctions but I did not find anything local either. I cannot afford a new unisaw or something similar so I was trying to find something used in the Dallas Texas area. I have called a few of the local cabinet/woodworking shops to see if they may have an old table saw but nothing yet so I thought that it could not hurt to post a message and see if anyone responds. Thanks, Mike Francis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net
I can't help you finding a used saw in your area. What sort of budget are you looking at? You might want to take a look at the Grizzly 1023 series. A lot of saw for the price.

I have looked at the Grizzly saw and yes it is good, my friend has one and he has no complaints about it generally except the quality of fit and finish could be better. I am hoping to find an older unisaw or equivalent for around 750-1000 depending on age, condition, motor etc... if not I will look at buying the Grizzly. I really expected to locate a saw in a city as big as Dallas but I guess they are like gold! Mike Francis
Yeah, I found the same to be true in Albuquerque. Seems the only used saws are either snapped up at ungodly prices or are grabbed before they ever get publicized. I finally broke down and went with the 1023SL. Good Luck!!! Cheers, cc

Be sure to check the Dallas Morning News classifieds under "Tools and Shop Equipment". I frequently see Unisaws and Generals available. Don't know about pricing though. I'm sure they move VERY fast once the ad goes in so you'll want to check every morning.
Tom
Hey Mike, it's been my experience that the sooner you go out and take delivery of a brandy new saw the sooner the used ones will start to show up in the classifieds ;-) Also the more you spend on your brand new saw the better the classified deals will be.... Just an observation on my end......
Craig

... snip

Is that a corollary to the rule that the day after you buy stock, the price will start going down; but if you don't buy, the price will continue to climb?
Not that anything like that has ever happened to me of course, I've just umm, heard about it -- yeah, that's it. ;-)