Use your drill press as an arbor press

I needed to punch out a pin this morning. When they are small, I always fumble with trying to hold the pin punch on the pin and delicately try to hit and push the pin out.

This morning I looked at my drill press and said, wow that would be the way to do small pins that don't require a ton of effort.

in 2 seconds the pin was out. One hand holding the piece on a block of wood with a hole drilled in it, and the other pulling the lever to lower the quill...

so if you hadn't thought of that, you might want to use that next time...

Reply to
woodchucker