URL for Woodwork magazine?

Does anyone have the actual URL for Woodwork magazine? I've tried the obvious and the word "woodwork" is so common, search engines return 88 kajillion entries - and not one is the magazine.
Do they not have a web presence?

No, as far as I know, nothing on the Web.
American Woodworker? http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker/action.do?categoryIdp00&siteId "22
Ken

Actually, the OP asked about Woodwork magazine, not American Wooddorker. Two distinctly different magazines. Woodwork caters to higher-end projects, serious hobbyists and professionals, while AW is geared towards being a copycat ad-rag and a mouthpiece for Reader's Digest. Mostly useless, unless you're a rank amateur who hasn't been exposed to the other publications available to woodworkers.
Just my opinion.
Jon E
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:12:43 GMT, "Jon Endres, PE"

But what if he's looking for the ULTIMATE ROUTER TABLE?
Huh? <G>
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote

Fine WoodDorking of course.
http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/fw_toc_153.asp
UA100

So you chastise someone for answering an unasked question and then provide an absolutely unrequested opinion of your own? Do I smell hypocrisy?

Wow, second time today I've gotten smacked publicly for providing my opinion on this newsgroup. I wonder if everyone who posts their opinion on something gets treated like this?
Hypothetical. The answer is no.
(sigh)
I didn't chastise anyone. The original poster asked about Woodwork magazine. Woodwork does not, to my knowledge, have a substantive web presence like most of the other woodworking magazines. I assume that Mr. Vonk *thought* the OP was talking about American Woodworker magazine. I clarified the question, and then gave my own opinion of both magazines, based on my experience.
Nobody asked me for that opinion, but I gave it anyway. If you don't like it, tough shit. That's the nice thing about newsgroups, I guess. If you disagree with someone, or have an opinion, you can say so. What bothers me is that twice today, I've been insulted for it.
Jon E
Hey, nothing personal, do not take me seriously. It just seemed a little strange and could not resist, that's all. I do it all the time, so let me state it clearly: Sometimes I write pretty hypocritical things myself.
Don't count my shoot-from-the-hip comment as an insult.

OK, I won't.
It's very hard not to take someone seriously when you can't see their face, but have to read what they wrote.
Next time use a smiley face. :)
Jon
Good afternoon Jon,
I think this can be best described by the (they ought to be) famous words of Tom Watson " ... There is an idle sort of meanness. There is a foolish disrespect. There is a graying of the flesh and a chilling of the heart." as his answer to a question about the klown hammer.
There are many sorts of people visiting the wreck ... some who offer intelligent discussions to woodworking topics as their mainstay, and some who ask good questions (ones a google search or a quick look through the latest woodworking magazines can't quickly resolve).
There are those who offer their humor, in it's many forms. Some find wide acceptance and requests for more (do you hear me Tom?), others quietly get ignored.
Then there are the "me too" types who have little to add, yet feel compelled to reply none the less. Annoying, but easy to filter since they seldom offer any unique insight to a discussion. They are most obvious for their complete quotation of a lengthy discussion with a four-word (or less) comment buried at the bottom. They also subsidize the "top-quote vs bottom-quote" frenzy that breaks out from time to time to time to time to time.
Coming in close to the bottom are those who enjoy ... nay, thrive on yanking the collective shorts of the wreck residents and giving a mighty heave-ho either for the momentary glow of seeing just how many people they can piss off, or for that wonderfully mysterious smell that remains on their hands for having perhaps dipped a little deep below the beltline. These people excel in perhaps only one thing ... irritating others. Names need not be dropped, fingers may remain unpointed ... fact is, we know them, they know them, and they know we know.
Bottom of the heap are those who don't even try to yank ... they just drop their scatological missives and measure their gain by the amount of noise they create.
Boorish as it may be to get called down for offering your opinion, at least you are getting feedback. I determined that there are a number of people who read and maybe even appreciate, yet don't say anything out of the common sense teaching that if you have nothing to add to the conversation, keep your mouth (and/or fingers) quiet. Unfortunately, it looks like you hit a solid vein of bottom and next-to-bottom feeders. They're hungry. You know what bottom feeders eat, don't you? :-)
Hang in there Jon, and keep posting.
Rick

Interesting. DAGS for "Woodwork Magazine", "I feel lucky", and you get an Amazon page. Standard stuff (just one rather dismal review) with prices etc.     mahalo,     j4
edfan wrote:

It appears that Woodwork Magazine is published by Ross Periodicals, Inc. There is a www.rossperiodicals.com, but the site has not been built yet. They do have an email address at snipped-for-privacy@rossperiodicals.com for editorial contributions, and a phone number (415) 382-0580.
The magazine is hard to find in the San Antonio, Tx area, so I finally subscribed. They occasionally have some great articles on methods of work, such as inlay and methods for cutting compound miters.
Preston

Just subscribed myself. I've never seen it in Milwaukee (though I'm sure to be quickly corrected by my fellow grieving cheeseheads) and used copies on EBay go for premium prices.
The lady who answered the phone took the order, and I didn't hear any computer clicking noises as she did. Must have been a pencil and paper <s>.
I also confirmed, as others have stated, that they have no website. I would hate to calculate how much revenue they've lost from that oversight.
If you call now, you will get your first issue in late March (June issue). One year (six issues) is $17.99, same as through Amazon.com. Two years was $33 or $34, so no big savings.
Joe

BIG JOE wrote:

Sounds like an opportunity for an enterprising wrecker. <g>
-- Mark
How about a phone number?

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (edfan) wrote in message

There doesn't appear to be any web presence but I did find the publisher's information.
Ross Periodicals Inc. Woodwork, Circulation Dept. P.O.Box 1529 Ross, CA 94957 U.S.A
Phone : (415) 382 0580 Fax : (415) 382 0587
I'm not familiar with Woodwork magazine but the reviews lean to the artists that work in wood. Their automotive related magazines are quite good so I would expect no less for Woodwork.
If you DAGS for "woodwork magazine" in quotation marks you will get hundreds of links to subscribe and reviews to read.
Phil