Urea Formaldehyde Glue Discouse

So... the discourse on glues has become quite intriguing to me. Karl's comments introduced me to things/techniques that I had no knowledge of, and damn... whenever that kind of thing happens...
So - how about a little dialog about what people use, and how they use it. Here's some questions that are popping into my mind as I investigate this stuff...
1 - what are the factors that will determine if you use PVA or Urea Resin glue? I understand the stress part, but are there other considerations that help you make that decision?
2- what do people use... powder with water mix, or powder with catalyst? Reasons? Comments?
3 - how do people apply the stuff - brush, roller, whatever?
4 - any other comments and/or interesting things for people to know.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

If you have a complicated glue up and need an longer than average set time go with the UR..

Typically just water assuming this question is pointed to the UR glue. A catalyst would sorta defeat the advantage of the long set time that this glue offers.

I always used a brush, one you would throw away. A roller for a large surface.

On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 03:54:50 UTC, Mike Marlow wrote:

Dunno if its of any use, but the bloke at woodgears.ca has a few videos on glue pro's & con's and different glues in certain joints, etc. worth a watch for his Heath Robinson force-measuring contraption if nothing else!

On Monday, December 9, 2013 9:39:08 AM UTC-8, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Urea that is.
On 12/3/2013 7:54 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

    mahalo,     jo4hn