UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

Page 2 of 3
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:56:22 GMT, "rthomps9"

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street with another number first and I have to call and complain and get the runaround to have them go pick it up. It's faster for me to just go over and pick it up myself, I just gave the people who live there my number and they call whenever UPS messes up. I'll probably make them a nice plate of cookies for Christmas for being such good sports about it.
UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:25:04 GMT, Brian Henderson

I do. It's a low IQ.
That and they're the biggest package delivery, they don't have to care that their service is very poor. They've become what everyone used to (or still does) make fun of the USPS for.

Yeah, let me cry in the beer too. Finally decided to get broadband at home, ordered DSL package from Verizon. Verizon ships the modem to the buyer. Sometime yesterday, while SWMBO was home, UPS, without ringing the bell or knocking, left the torn, partially crushed package in front of our house... IN THE RAIN!
I must say that Verizon was very sympathetic and said they would send out another right away. The CSR I spoke to said she hears stuff like this all the time. I asked why they continue to use UPS and was told that she wonders why too!
--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - snipped-for-privacy@charm.net

When I first started using map blast or map quest, I would type in my address and it would show my house one block north than it was. Maybe they use those for directions, or their GPS system is screwed!

Or the map that is the source for much of the software is wrong.
I live in an area where streets have changed in the last 15-20 years. Many mapping software products, as well as commercial paper maps, reflect the roads as originally approved, not necessarily as built.
RE: Subject
Residential business has become a total PITA for UPS which is why they charge a premium for it.
Around here, FedEx is even worse.
Lew
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:14:33 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Well, the end result of all this is that on Wednesday UPS delivered the replacement package that Klingspor sent out and today they delivered the original. On Monday I need to get hold of Klingspor and find out what they want me to do with it.
--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt

J. Clarke wrote:
> > Well, the end result of all this is that on Wednesday UPS delivered the > replacement package that Klingspor sent out and today they delivered the > original. On Monday I need to get hold of Klingspor and find out what > they want me to do with it.
If they have a salesman in the area, they will give you credit and ask you to hold it for pickup by the salesman which will probably take about 6 weeks.
No salesman, they will take it back.
DAMHIKT
Lew
B A R R Y wrote:

Not necessarily the roads as approved either.
I once entered several different Beltsville, MD addresses into Mapquest and they all returned the same map location. Evidently there is, or was, a default location for addresses not located, and no warning to the user that the software had failed to find the actual location. That is an absolutely terrible and irresponsible way to write software.
It's like make making an oral thermometer that reads 98.6 when it fails.
--

FF

How can you tell an oral from a rectal ... nevermind.
Nonetheless, might want to get your corrections flowing through channels.
Here's how Uncle sets things up. http://archive.orr.noaa.gov/cameo/marplot.html
George wrote:

The taste.
snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net wrote:

I've avoided UPS like the plague they are ever since they delivered a small package marked "Fragile" to a second floor balcony with no stairs to it and a 4' high railing around it in the middle of winter. I found said package under several inches of snow a couple days later, fortunately it wasn't really that fragile.
Lately I've become a fan of USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes. I've also always had good results with FedEx, DHL and even a few no-name outfits used by MSC.
Pete C.
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:49:33 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote:

The only packages UPS has ever delivered to me in pristine condition are items from Dell computer. Those boxes looked absolutely brand new, just like they left their assembly line.
I think Dell must kick UPS's asses pretty hard to get that kind of service.
The printer that came with my last computer is a different story. It's an HP, ordered with the Dell computer (before Dell switched to their own printers) and that printer box was printed with all kinds of colorful HP graphics. That box appears to have been left on a wet floor and out in the rain. It's a very good thing that HP packed that printer in a plastic bag in that box.
The true meaning of UPS
ULTRA POOR SERVICE = UPS REALY POOR SERVICE = RPS
()

It's pronounced "Oops!" <G>

RPS is now Fedex Ground. Fedex bought RPS after the big UPS strike to better compete with UPS.
Brian Elfert
George Max wrote:

I recall it being explained to me that the UPS had a contract with its employees such that after a certain period of full-time employees would only become Union members after a (60 day?) probabtionary perios. Consequently, UPS routinely discharged new employees after 59 days.
So among other problems, UPS has a lot of empoyees with very little experience.
--

FF

On 19 Nov 2006 11:43:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

That'd be bad for any company.
George Max wrote:

There are a LOT of little machines shops known collectively as "89 day" shops.
The insurance kicks in on the 90th day ... but you won't be there to see it happen.
Bill

Like 89 days is still temporary duty, while ninety or more is a deployment. BTDT.
Not to disparage, but how much skill does it take to pitch a package marked "Fragile" onto a porch? It's not experience but attitude. As the man says, when you try to motivate with money, you get people who are motivated only by money. Probationary period is to determine if they have enough pride in themselves to be a credit to your business.
My regular guy on the brown truck of the last six-ten years always has a smile, two dog biscuits and the package ready when he pulls up. In summer he loves a short iced tea before continuing. No sugar.