UPS does it again (or fails to do it)

for. They

Did you happen to check your credit after that?

Reply to
Brent Beal

The guy really started throwing in all kinds of perks and offers like you mentioned when I told him that we usually put 25 to 35K a year on the card. Since we pay the card off every month none of what he had to offer interested me. We average 3 to 4% money back from the cards that we use.

Reply to
Leon

I would advise the same.

My wife and I had to have a sewer company come out on a Sunday one weekend to fix a backed up sewer line. The person that answered the phone said that the charge for emergencies was $200/hr plus a $75 trip charge. We had no choice and they showed up and in 20 minutes they had the line unclogged. We were expecting a bill for $200+. When we got it it was for $475. The person that answered the phone neglected to tell us that there was a 2 hour minimum charge. We got nowhere with the company and I paid what I thought was reasonable ($225). They sent us to collections and when the collector called I explained the story to him. The next week was the same story, new collector, explanation, and then nothing. Well I thought it was over and 8 months later I was trying to get a car loan and low and behold they had turned it over to the credit bureau as Non-Payment.

I finally was victorious as they took me to court and I won. They had to remove it from my credit but it took almost 18 months.

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

Yeah, UPS is a constant problem for me. For some reason, every time UPS delivers here, they take it to some other house on another street with another number first and I have to call and complain and get the runaround to have them go pick it up. It's faster for me to just go over and pick it up myself, I just gave the people who live there my number and they call whenever UPS messes up. I'll probably make them a nice plate of cookies for Christmas for being such good sports about it.

UPS has no explanation for their constant messups.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

I do. It's a low IQ.

That and they're the biggest package delivery, they don't have to care that their service is very poor. They've become what everyone used to (or still does) make fun of the USPS for.

Reply to
George Max

Yeah, let me cry in the beer too. Finally decided to get broadband at home, ordered DSL package from Verizon. Verizon ships the modem to the buyer. Sometime yesterday, while SWMBO was home, UPS, without ringing the bell or knocking, left the torn, partially crushed package in front of our house... IN THE RAIN!

I must say that Verizon was very sympathetic and said they would send out another right away. The CSR I spoke to said she hears stuff like this all the time. I asked why they continue to use UPS and was told that she wonders why too!

Reply to
lwasserm

When I first started using map blast or map quest, I would type in my address and it would show my house one block north than it was. Maybe they use those for directions, or their GPS system is screwed!

Reply to
Brent Beal

I've avoided UPS like the plague they are ever since they delivered a small package marked "Fragile" to a second floor balcony with no stairs to it and a 4' high railing around it in the middle of winter. I found said package under several inches of snow a couple days later, fortunately it wasn't really that fragile.

Lately I've become a fan of USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes. I've also always had good results with FedEx, DHL and even a few no-name outfits used by MSC.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Or the map that is the source for much of the software is wrong.

I live in an area where streets have changed in the last 15-20 years. Many mapping software products, as well as commercial paper maps, reflect the roads as originally approved, not necessarily as built.

Reply to
B A R R Y

RE: Subject

Residential business has become a total PITA for UPS which is why they charge a premium for it.

Around here, FedEx is even worse.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. Almost every mail-order (that includes e-business) I have ever had since tracking was available online has had a tracking number that I've been able to follow (one didn't--I don't know why). The delivery matched the tracking every time.

I had good service in the three places I've lived since UPS started. The guy in Illiniois never had trouble finding me, and when I ordered $2000 worth of radios and power supplies, he went through the back gate and placed them up on the deck by the back door (all instead of the front door) knowing they were expensive.

When I was living in a condo in FL, the UPS guy had a keycode to get in the building (by fiat of the Association) and leave packages by the door in the hall if no one answered.

Here in NFL, the UPS guy lives in the neighborhood and covers up packages left in absentia with the doormat (even though the neighborhood is extremely safe--rarely is anyone in here who doesn't belong here).

I am unaware of ever failing to receive a package that was shipped UPS. Now, if I lived in Canada, I'd be singing an entirely different tune. What they're doing up there is criminal.

Reply to
LRod

Well, the end result of all this is that on Wednesday UPS delivered the replacement package that Klingspor sent out and today they delivered the original. On Monday I need to get hold of Klingspor and find out what they want me to do with it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If they have a salesman in the area, they will give you credit and ask you to hold it for pickup by the salesman which will probably take about 6 weeks.

No salesman, they will take it back.

DAMHIKT

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The only packages UPS has ever delivered to me in pristine condition are items from Dell computer. Those boxes looked absolutely brand new, just like they left their assembly line.

I think Dell must kick UPS's asses pretty hard to get that kind of service.

The printer that came with my last computer is a different story. It's an HP, ordered with the Dell computer (before Dell switched to their own printers) and that printer box was printed with all kinds of colorful HP graphics. That box appears to have been left on a wet floor and out in the rain. It's a very good thing that HP packed that printer in a plastic bag in that box.

Reply to
George Max

The true meaning of UPS

ULTRA POOR SERVICE = UPS REALY POOR SERVICE = RPS

Reply to
Al

I find using the pound zero over and over again getts me there...

Reply to
Al

It's pronounced "Oops!"

Reply to
B A R R Y

RPS is now Fedex Ground. Fedex bought RPS after the big UPS strike to better compete with UPS.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I recall it being explained to me that the UPS had a contract with its employees such that after a certain period of full-time employees would only become Union members after a (60 day?) probabtionary perios. Consequently, UPS routinely discharged new employees after 59 days.

So among other problems, UPS has a lot of empoyees with very little experience.

Reply to
fredfighter

That'd be bad for any company.

Reply to