upper and lower Murphy-like beds, like on a train?

Anyone ever constructed upper & lower fold down beds like they have in sleeper train cars? I have some ideas for the upper -- such as a 45 degree brace to the wall. But, the unit would have to go into a brick party wall (100 year old brick) and I am concerned about it pulling away (though I suppose with enough anchor bolts anything would hold). Alternatively I could have 2 2x2 uprights (otherwise stored in the closet) run from the lower to upper unit so the weight would be essentially straight down.

This project is more an idle thought at the moment - way down my project list. But it came to mind today.

BTW, while I have seen the various counterweight options for Murphy beds, IMO if I use just simple innerspring mattresses and the beds fold down "sideways", I don't think the weight would be a problem. -- Igor

Reply to
igor