Updated: Best way to sand drywall

Thanks to everyone who wrote on my previous post. I guess it's the primer/paint that needs correction, and they said to lightly sand it, to rough it up so we can repaint it with latex primer and repaint it.
Do the previous suggestions apply, i.e., the drywall sander or hand sanding? I couldn't do it lightly with a random orbital sander?
Thanks again in advance.
Mark
Do it by hand. Get a rubber sanding block and a couple of sheets of 120 grit. You will be done in 10 minutes - much faster and better than an powered sander.
-Jack

you'll MIGHT get little "divots" that won't show up until you paint. depends on how much finesse you've got with a ROS on relatively soft drywall mud. it's not like sanding a hunk of hardwood. being vertical makes it tougher to keep flat to the surface.
dave
Mark Driscol wrote:

Mark Driscol wrote:

Just hand sanding is all you need. Go over it with 100 or 120 once and it should then be dull