Update on the Bosch router gloat

Well, we have some good and bad. Seller turned out to be a little old lady consignment store who knew nothing about tools and didn't give it a second look. Plastic base cracked, speed control knob missing, and the high adjustment lever/pawl was cracked.

The good? I got them to give me $40 back so it's a $25 router, and I can work the speed control with a screwdriver. Also came with a very large combination panel bit of some sort.

The perils of buying online.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

RELATED TO AN E-BAY PURCHASE?!?!?!? AMAZING!!!!!!

uh huh.... And they took "gullible" out of the dictionary (go look it up and see.....)

uh huh .... "..who knew exactly what he/she was selling and the price they could get..."

lever/pawl was cracked.

" ..... Let's just leave that part out of the description, 'k grampa'?....."

Good thing you stood up. We all need to learn that lesson (been there, drank that... errrr... I mean. "done" that).

... from E-bay professionals. Who knows, maybe they're the kind-hearted people you described. Maybe they're E-Bay pro's (this is the i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t). Odds?

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

I buy and sell a lot of tools on eBay (onwards and upwards with the collection), and I've found deals like this to be mostly uncommon, although they're getting more frquent at a disturbing pace. You can sorta see how stuff this like happens, at least in the honest seller cases. Some toolhound going broke, contractor selling his worn-out junk, or crackhead theif walks into a little store and says he has a lot of great power tools. Plugs 'em in ("it makes noise, works fine") and runs off with the money. They write up a description that says as much, and away we go.

Of course, they are a hell of a lot of flat-out crooks.

These folks were pros and had high pos feedback. I supopose just not pros with stuff other than Hummels. No one would expect a buyer to be happy with something in this shape, and they're not making any money by letting go for $25 shipped in the end.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

JB- Sounds like you've had some bad eBay experiences. I guess I've been lucky as I've sold about 500 items and bought about the same number off eBay and only had two problems. Two out of 1000 is probably a better percentage than anywhere else I've shopped. Maybe you've just hit a bad streak.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA