update on new Jet tablesaw

I received the saw last tuesday and had it assembled that night. Only problem I encountered was when attaching the fence head to the fence the front two bolts pulled the threads out of the head. The bolts are a little short and only got the top few threads. A few longer bolts out of my stash fixed it. Early saturday morning (6am) ran a 220 line for it, didn't like it dimming the lights down almost out when turning it on. It was easy, beside the wiring and the plugs I only had to move 2 wires in the motor cover. Made a few jigs for it yesterday and tried to make a outfeed table but had trouble getting the miter slides in the table to match the saw. I had to use the stock miter gauge and had trouble keeping it adjusted so after a little investigation I found the pivot pin missing. I will be calling Jet in the am. Other then those problems it is a awsome saw. I also ordered two inserts and the Freud glue line rip blade and 6" dado. I used the dado today and first time I ever used one, don't know how I lived without one. I got two of my Christmas projects cut out today and now getting the different panels glued up. SWMBO wants to go Christmas shopping next weekend in St. Louis. That's where the closest Woodcraft and Rockler are. Guess I'll have to tag along.
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

I have the same saw. While you are shopping, pick up a link belt. It will make this saw a lot smoother. I just installed one a few weeks ago and it has made a big difference in the performance.
While you are at it, get some Top Cote.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee