Update on Grizzly TS & air compressor question

Time for an update, I am and have been on the backorder list (4 to 6 weeks) for the G0444Z for about a week now. Thanks to all who posted on my other threads about the quality of Grizzly tools and customer service. So where is the saw already? :)

Thought I would tap the knowledge base on another note, is there such a thing as a quiet air compressor? I am looking to get a pancake or small tube style. It has to be portable as I will need to move it from the basement workshop to the garage. I want a compressor to power a rented hardwood floor nailer this summer and eventually a brad nailer and or finish nailer and inflate tires, etc. Does not have to be like sitting in the library, but I would like one that I did not have to wear ear plugs around, if that is possible.

Thanks again, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, another 50' length of hose will eliminate the racket. FWIW, I keep an Emglo oilbath comp in he shop and take an oilless CH on the road (with plenty of hose so it stays near the truck).

Reply to
Eric Ryder

I saw an ad this weekend for a Senco portable compressor for $99.99 at Woodcraft. They claim Ultra quiet and light weight. 20 pounds, 1gal capacity. Model PC1010 It is hot dog styled however.

Reply to
Leon

I have been looking up some stuff on that Senco model. I am not sure it has enough capacity or not, some reports of nails/minute are not too high on this one. I think I am looking around 4 gal. or so. Really does not matter about the style, as long as I can carry it.

I like the extra hose comment, that is probably the best solution (out of sight, out of mind) after I get a compressor on sale.

Reply to
Jeff

If you are only going to be shooting from 1 nail gun it will be plenty. Nail guns are very low volume users.

Reply to
Leon

where are ya located? ive got a used emglo i could sell. 4 1/2 gallon capacity 1 1/2 hp portable airmate. 100 bucks gets it but i aint shipping. raliegh area.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

How used? I might be interested. I live in Charlotte.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thanks for the good offer, but I am in Knoxville, TN. Maybe the person in Char. can get it.

Reply to
Jeff

its several years old but runs fine. its just too heavy to move as often as i have to move it. if interested email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.com skip 1 .com skeez

Reply to
skeezics

ive also got aq new bostich pontoon compressor. 150 for it. i need to sell one of these because i have three portables and only need 1 plus a backup. thwe bostic has less than 2 hours on it and is oiless. amazon sells this one for $299.00.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

So it seems that 4 to 6 weeks was a rather conservative time frame. My G0444Z is being delivered today.

On that note, seems like a great delivery company. They asked if a tractor trailer would fit into our neigborhood, I said that I doubt it. So they are bringing the saw on a pickup with 3 guys to set it in the garage without having to ask for that additional service.

I'll update again once I see its condition over the weekend and maybe get it put together.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well, the G0444Z is together. I will have to agree with most of the posts about its pros/cons in assembly. Seems like a great saw and should be the last one I ever need.

Problems I had during assembly were the same as others: a missing washer, poor instructions on some steps, badly kinked belt due to packing. I think I am getting a new belt since this one shakes soooo bad. I had 2 odd looking washers left over, not sure where they went. One was a thin stamped metal and the other was a thin ring, looks like an automotive fiber washer.

Things I like are the great finish on the top once I got all the wax off, and the fact that after assembly, it seems to require minor adjustment. Also the extra long power cord is nice too and so is the weight of the saw, don't think I will scoot it around pushing a piece of wood through.

I am getting a blade and new belt next week after some travel so I will make sure on alignments and start making sawdust.

I also found that the miter guage is very rough on the bottom. I have read other posts about refinishing it, what is the easiest thing to do with it?

Reply to
Jeff