Up until this post, all of this page has to do with woodworking!

Stop the presses, gentlemen make merry, hug your wife and run! For today I am amazed and proud to have seen the glory of a page full of new posts all on topic!!!!!!!! Wrirte this day and the time down on your calendars and remember it dearly!

Congratulations for a milestone accomplishment!

Tom in KY, Thought I was on the wrong news group for a minute there.

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Sat, Dec 17, 2005, 11:25am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net doth proclaim: For today I am amazed and proud to have seen the glory of a page full of new posts all on topic!!!!!!!!

Well, you sure took care of that.

Using more than three exclamation marks is a certain sign of a disturbed mind.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

Page? WTF are you talking about? This is usenet...

Ah (checking the headers), you use Google. That explains a lot.

Get yourself a proper newsreader, learn to use its filtering capability, and miraculously almost all you'll see in the wRECk will be on-topic.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thank you for your advice and restraint. Some have let the full version of WTF fly with reckless abandon lately. It makes a guy not want to associate too closely with the group! I shall go forth and consider my lesson learned, that the evil on The Wreck should not be tempted. It's still early and the posting is only 3 or 4 hours old, what will happen before this posting goes on into infinity, never to be seen again?

Yeah, Googling, Hey, I'm not going to spend a lot of time going through a proper news reader and filtering and all and on. I just check in to see what's going on from time to time and go back to whatever I was doing before. Some of the rants are terribly offensive, but I think we all know what the group is all about. And to those guys who try to keep true to the topic, I'm happy to be associated with you. There are some really intelligent people on here. I enjoy some of the woodworking questions and the gloats. The real user reviews of products that are within the grasp of the avg. woodworker are cool too! I try to contribute and I sometimes take away a golden nugget. There is an opportunity here to make this a very trustworthy and informative group. Without flare-ups and degrading comment. An off topic link to a funny is great, everybody needs a little relief from the normal and mundane. JT is very good for that. But when I log on, I want to read about woodworking, maybe get a little humorous brain candy and not feel like I can't comment without getting slammed.

Tom in KY, quoting Rodney King again, "Man, can't we all just get along?"

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

... snip

Also explains why there's no context with your post

... snip

You can quote Rodney King, but can't quote the post to which you are responding. Ah well.

Mark & Juanita

Up to you, but please don't bitch about having to wade through the crap if you decline to use the tools readily available to filter it out.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You can quote Rodney King, but can't quote the post to which you are

There's your text,

All I'm saying is I liked what I saw.

Please excuse the dude posting on google.

Thanks for responding in such a helpful way.

Tom in KY

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

It is??????

Reply to
Robatoy

Hey! I'm just trying to avoid a sunburn on the back of my neck. And by the way, my gerbil only beats me in chess 1/3 of the time.

Reply to
Upscale

Ya' know, I'm not going to respond to anybody's text this time because I think this applies to all of those who use this group.

I thought I had found this group pretty much on my own and without the help of those who know me. Now though, I'm starting to wonder if my family and all of your families actually commited us to this group. Think about it. We all kill an hour a day or more on this group all the while our families get an hour of peace away from us. We all have an interest in the supposed topic of the group. Many of us have invested much of our lives into ventures related to the topic. Most of us get a giggle from JT's links(my wife doesn't always get them right away, she's not slow, just morally upright), (did I say upright or uptight?) Do you guys see a pattern here??????? Gentlemen our families have dumped us here!!!!!!!

Tom in KY, Enjoying a much friendlier buncha' crazies today on my Google page.Heh-heh.!!!!!!!?????

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Finally learned how to killfile, did you?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Already knew how,

I know that just because I don't killfile And I am looking at a Google page; that makes me a dirty, cat licking, scumball, pee-pee something- or- other to some,, but I can't recall ever licking a cat.????

Seriously, you guys have a nice Christmas or whatever your chosen religion compels you to celebrate. If you don't celebrate anything, well, maybe you can have a nice time here talking about the cat lickers who do have something to do. Heh-heh. Either way, Enjoy!!!!!!

Tom in KY

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Then odd that you'd just find a noise-free wreck just today.

Wow. A one sentence neutral response gets this? Here's another response for ya:

Reply to
Dave Hinz

So is subscribing to this newsgroup.. that's one of the reasons that the wRECk works so well!!! !

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis