Up-to-date japanning information?

I just did a search in rec.woodworking on Google groups for information on re-doing the japanning on Stanley planes, and found a number of links that claim to lead to information about the process. The messages I read date from around 1996 to 2002. Every link I found, without exception, is broken.
Does anyone around here know about any currently-live links to information about the process and the materials to use to refurbish or replace the japanning on a Stanley plane?
Thanks, Tom Dacon
http://www.cianperez.com/Wood/WoodDocs/Wood_How_To/INDEX_How_To.htm
Left hand column part way down the page under "Know-How".
Good luck
Greg

broken.
try this http://www.cranialstorage.com/wood/html/japanning.html#Japan-mod-metal

broken.
I like a paint used by artists on ceramic plates. It has very good properties for brushing, but should be slightly thinned to minimize brush strokes showing up. Once the paint is on you bake the plane in an oven just like a ceramic plate. Came out very nice indeed and while the oven might have altered the metal slightly in its metallurgical properties, I could not find any noticeable difference. Bought the stuff in an artists supply store.
Tom Dacon wrote:

Thanks to everyone who responded. This looks like enough for me to start with.
Thanks again, Tom Dacon

broken.

http://www.woodcentral.com/cgi-bin/readarticle.pl?dir=handtools&file=articles_117.shtml
IIRC, I ran across a reference, don't recollect where, and haven't been able to retrieve it since - that used the recipe in the above link. He/she reported that the resulting finish could be marked with the fingernail. After adding rosin in equal parts to the asphaltum, the finish was much harder. Take it or leave it, YMMV.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA