unwitting "bare bones" purchase

Is this a new trend? I'd been looking at getting a new handheld planer and saw the Makita 3 1/4" at Menards for a few bucks off. Opened the case and there it was, the planer. No dust bag, no hex key or nut driver and, most importantly, no blade setter! When I looked over the manual (how generous of them to include that!) all these items were listed as extras. Now I have to use my extra time to return this item, hopefully the Hitachi for 99.00 will have all these "extra" necessities.

The socket wrench, blade gauge & blades should come with even the most basic Makita package, I think they may have been removed or accidentally not included, what was the full Model #? A quick call to Makita will have that problem rectified. The dust bag assembly is almost always an optional extra (with most makes too).
Need Planer blades??? http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=lamblies&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows %
--
Jon Down

I really would assume that, but there was a Makita sticker over the two halves of the case that had to be slit to open it.

basic
If you lived near me I would gladly give you the parts for free if you dropped in just to make you happy :-) I assume the blades were on the planer already? I'm pretty sure any Makita authorized dealer or service center near you would also do the same thing to satisfy a customer.
--
Jon Down