" . . . until the glue sets"

How many times have we heard Norm utter that phrase. What he never mentions however is what happens AFTER the glue sets. Does he remove the brads? If he does, what does he do with the little brad holes? If he doesn't remove them, why bother to say "until the glue sets"? Come on, Norm. Tell us EVERYTHING! FoggyTown
BANG! Awww shit! Another day in Paradise.

He has explained that the brads are like little clamps. If you use enough clamps, brads are not needed. There are a few rare occasions when I do use them. Norm uses them too much for my liking.
I try not to use them as clamps or anything else. However, I will use them in places where they can not be seen. Cabinet backs, inside corners ect. I never use them where the brad hole will need to be filled, unless I intend to paint the piece.
Dave

well, if you use as many brads as Norm does, you could leave it unfilled and say it's worm hole plywood.. *g*
hmm... I wonder how many brads norm would use to "clamp" a bowl onto a wood faceplate while the glue dried?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I just the melt in sticks (I think they are made of shellac) to fill the holes.
I fill the holes after I stain (better color match), but before I poly (so the poly doesn't melt).
But keep in mind, most of my stuff is plywood with oak face frames. If I was making a solid wood china cabinent or something, I might be more concerned about nail holes.. but for plywood projects.. very few people are going to notice the patched holes.. It's a big time saver.
Heck, the kids are going to damage the book shelf or whatever over the years anyhow. LOL. That will look worse than some filled brad holes.
foggytown wrote:

His 5 HP 3-phase oscillating, reciprocating brad hole patcher. Don't you have one?