Unreadable msg

About mid-day today, I read all of the msgs which would open. That left one msg which I could not get anyway I tried to get it. I restarted from a cold start. It is still there and unfetchable.
Has, or did, this happened to any of you?
Hoyt W.

It happens to me about once a year. Does your newsreader have the "reconstruct thread" feature like Xnews does?
--
Bill

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

My newsreader does not have the "reconstruct thread" feature. By reasonable deduction, I believe the ghost msg is "Crafters Needed" since I only saw it when Bob replied to it. It does not appear in my view of the rec. msgs . Considering the topic, I would not be interesting in it in any event. I will just forget about it.
Hoyt W.
Hoyt Weathers wrote:

It sounds like the message index for the group which is stored on your computer has become corrupted. This can often be corrected by:
1. Unsubscribe from the group. 2. Clear your news reader's cache (both memory and disk). 3. Re-subscribe to the group.
HTH

It's also possible the message has expired, depending upon how long/much the server wants to keep things hanging around.
One can always go to groups.google.com and search for the thread ...
Regards, JT
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:47:52 +0000 (UTC), John Thomas

News providers have been known to expire *everything* after a system problem and start from scratch.
DAMHIKT
Barry