unisaw switch

My 1940's era unisaw needs a new on/off switch. Any help is appreciated. I don't subscribe to the group anymore, so direct replies work best. The number on the plate is R-430.

Thanks!

John Minor snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Reply to
jminor58

Just hold on and stay right where you are ... JOAT will DAGS for you and e-mail you right back.

Reply to
Swingman

...and if he doesn't get back to you, just feel free to email him. He welcomes the emails...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That's what I *use* to appreciate about this group, people helping you out when you were in a jam, not giving you the business about RTFM and such. Hell, I already spent my time searching the net for this....I was just hoping somebody may be able to share some ideas on a hard to solve problem. I'll probably just install a surface box with a regular light switch. Won't look like much, but it'll do the job.

John

"Sw>

Reply to
jminor58

Well, if you "used" to appreciate this group, then you should appreciate the fact that it's always been considered polite to hang around to pick up replies to your questions, instead of requesting they be e-mailed to you so you don't have to bother.

Have you tried

?

You will probably get an answer there ...worth a shot, in any event.

Reply to
Swingman

Well since you seem to be lost, I would suggest starting your search here. Give them a call and see what they suggest.

Leon

would have "anything" you need for a Unisaw...

If not, go to

and look around over there.

They generally DO NOT SEND personal replies.

The "light switch" idea is a bad > That's what I *use* to appreciate about this group, people helping you out

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thanks for the help. It was WAY easier to subscribe to newsgroups back when we had NN on Unix! : (

John

"Sw>

Reply to
jminor58

Only a few with the big ISP's can spell UNIX, or even have a clue to sysadmin an nntp server these days, as most is outsourced ... and if they do have nntp, it sucks because no one knows how to keep it running.

Then there's always google

... but beware, google ain't nntp like it used to be, especially if you remember back before dejanews! :(

Reply to
Swingman

rn was the ultimate reader!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Well, John, it's not a 'nix, but Thunderbird, on either Linux or Windows seems to work okay. Not my favorite ... but it'll do.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit