Unisaw Pricing down

It may just reflect their inventory, but I noticed today that Amazon.com now has the lowest prices in recent history on their 3HP Delta Unisaw ($2499). It makes me curious whether a Unisaw-Stop could be around the corner???
On 10/9/2012 6:07 PM, Bill wrote:

It would be nice to see the SawStop drop in price but from what I hear about sales that is not very likely. On the other hand the new Unisaw was way over proved to begin with IMHO.

Or perhaps the economy sucks that badly. I bough my 3HP Unisaur (the older model) from Amazon in '09 for $1600, including the two extensions, 50" fence, table, and mobile base.

Nice deal on your Unisaw by today's standards. The Grizzly G690, which has been on my radar screen, has risen, steadily, to about $1450 (inluding shipping), mobile base extra. I may be a little slow with my hand saw and planes, but I'm getting by while I wait.

The Griz G690 was what I was intending to buy but I couldn't pass up the Unisaw at that price. IIRC, the difference was $200, after shipping (the Unisaw was shipped free).
Books and DVD's are now under what the prices were. There is a crunch going on now.
Martin
On 10/9/2012 6:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:34:46 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Same Amazon add I looked at they had the 6" horizontal/vertical metal bandsaw for $509 on their 25% of sale, I paid about $270 when I bought however many years ago. Maybe I better up my shop tools rider again with the insurance company.
Mike M