unisaw extention table

IM assembling a unisaw and I was wondering if the laminated extension table has to be flush and level or just level. to the cast iron top. I seen to able to one but not both.
Len

You want it flush with the cast iron main table so the fence doesn't hang up on the edge when it passes by. The best way I know to flush it up is to loosen all the mounting bolts on the mounting brackets a little, then clamp a flat piece of wood to both surfaces in the front and back. This will get the top surfaces of both parts exactly even. Now tighten up the bolts, take the clamps away, and it should be perfect. It sounds more complicated than it is.
The outboard legs have leveler feet. Once you've got the edge aligned, adjust the feet to get it level.
get it as level and flush as you can. Double check that it's set up correctly with the weight off the caster. If the table isn't leveled well against the cast iron wing, the UHMW piece on the bottom of the fence (presuming you have a Bies...) will take a wack each time you move it towards the higher table.
dave
leonard wrote:

It needs to be flush and level. I was able to do it with mine. I did struggle with it however. The way it is attached is the same as their contractor saw. I struggled with it and again with my Unisaw. I even stripped a bolt both times.
Keep at it and you'll get it done.
Rob

Len
FLUSH and Level is the right way. If it is not flush, the fence will catch it either coming or going
If absolutely impossible to get it level, then maybe a little bit of of tilt AWAY from the extesion-saw junction would not be too terrible a thing but better would be level John