Unisaw Electrical Plug

Page 2 of 2

Frank Boettcher said:

Thanks, Frank. The outlets apparently aren't a problem - I tried to think ahead when I installed the sub-panel. But later, I viewed another guy's saw that had a twist-lock 30 amp plug wired on - got me worried. His receptacle wouldn't fit in my metal boxes. Thanks for the confirmation. (I'm using conduit with THHN wiring and combination 120/240v outlet boxes.)
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/outlets.jpg
You think that's odd, check out these Leviton outlets: Dual 120/240v 20A sockets in one receptacle!
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/dualoutlets.jpg
The problem with a different fence is that the $1249 Unisaw special I am looking at comes only with a 50" Bies, extension table and legs. If I want a shorter rail or a Uni Fence, it'll cost me $1699. Big difference in $$$...
Greg G.

Yeah, that often happens with these specially priced packages. So I would go back to Swingman's original recommendation. Get it in see if it will fit and if worse comes to worse pull the guide rail and have it cut to fit. You can probably find a metal fab shop with a band saw that can neatly cut it for a few bucks. You can cut down and reskirt the table yourself.
Good Luck
Frank
Greg G. Wrote: > Can anyone who owns a Delta Unisaw confirm whether it comes

Yes, that is the critter you need for the 3hp/240v Unisaw. Your pic shows a 15/20amp 240v recept. It will work. A 20amp recept has two horiz blades. That's the plug on the Unisaw, two horizon blades and a round neutral/gnd below. The Unisaw plug looks like a smily face when viewed straight on.
:)
Fwiw, I made my own 30ft ext cord, male (6-20P) and female (6-20R) cord adapters ($6 and $8) from Home Depot, heavy AWG 12 cord from MSC for $.70/ft. For longer cords, AWG 10 is (I believe) $.77/ft. This is the heavy-duty yellow cord used for those industrial take up reels.
--
joe2

I found it cheaper to buy a 110v 12 ga extention cord, and cut off the ends and put on the 220v adapters than to pay for the 12ga cord by the foot; saves about $4 or so. Mutt
Pig said:

Uhh... OK. ;-)
Greg G.
I have a problem!!! Similar to the topic at hand, I just bought and installed a new Delta X5 unisaw, installed a 100amp subpanel in the shop, with a dedicated two-pole 20amp breaker through 12ga wire into the proper receptacle. When I push "ON" it wont start... no sound or anything happening. As I hold my voltage tester to the saws power cord, when I push "ON" it sends power through the cord and into the motor housing. But still the saw doesnt start. Any ideas!? I'm in the middle of a job with a deadline, and I cant wait till monday for Delta tech support to come to work.
matthewrita said:

Big Red Reset button on the motor comes to mind first off, then a defective/dirty commutator or start cap. Does it hum? Will it run if you spin the motor by hand?(!)