Unisaur dimension???

Anybody have a "classic" Unisaw (altho I don't know they've changed the characteristic dimension of interest)?

I was looking at one of the old Delta/Rockwell era shaping sleds but IIRC there was an issue w/ them and the PM66 in that the Unisaw LH miter slot was closer so had to modify to use on the Powermatic 66.

So, if anybody has one would appreciate the distance from the LH miter slot to the blade arbor flange...

Reply to
dpb

This coincides with the measurements of my Left Tilt, which is not classic, but chances are it would be accurate for the older RH model:

Swingman

Agree with Karl's info. My Rockwell (34-761) and (later) Delta (34-807) ha ve the same measurement: LH 4-1/4" to the blade (not to the flange); RH 5-

5/8" to the blade (not to the flange). I bought these saws used and I wou ld think the table tops are original, have not been changed by a previous o wner.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

OK, thanks. Hadn't even thought there'd be a convenient location to verify.

That's the poop was looking for, indeed. It'd been so long I'd forgotten what I'd done w/ the ancient Delta heavy tenoning jig; I guess I must've made substituted another base plate so it sits close enough to the blade for the stock to ride on. An inch further away as the slot is on the PM and Delta LH means there isn't any support except on the table itself when the body is moved far enough right for the stock to be in position.

I guess I'll pass on this old one; I can just create a new one for the specific purpose I had in mind; it was available cheap but "a bargain isn't a bargain if don't have a use for it"...

Reply to
dpb

On 10/13/2015 1:38 PM, dpb wrote: ...

OK, I just came in from the shop -- turns out I drilled another set of holes in the original base plate 7/8" left of the originals centered in the 8"W plate...totally didn't remember doing that, but then again, it's been nearly 30 yr now...and I couldn't tell you what had for breakfast.

Reply to
dpb