Unidentifiable jigsaw manufacturer: Sentry?

Hello. I have become the lucky owner of some circa 1950-1960's era power tools, including one metal-bodied jigsaw with the only identifiable marking on it as "Sentry". As far as I can tell, there was no manufacturer by this name, nor can I find any other identifiable markings; however, I'm hoping someone may remember which hardware or department store may have manufactured tools under this name?
I'm looking for a replacement guide bearing for the jigsaw which is in otherwise good condition. I suppose I could have my favorite metalworker tap a guide hole in a stainless steel ball bearing, but I was hoping I might be able to buy one off the shelf if I could identify the saw's maker.
Any ideas?
-- Dave Stempien
Believe there is a Sentry Hardware chain, don't know how long. Perhaps a house brand?

George wrote:

Western Auto maybe? I have that vague recollection.

--
--John
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:25:08 -0400, "David Stempien"

I had a sentry hardware circular saw at one time. same thing, all polished metal case. it was a decent thing, for what it was. I remember seeing an identical one with a different label on it. my memory says it was stanley, but it was a long time ago....