Uni-thoughts

Just got my new Unisaw running and it feels/sounds great. I got one of the last left tilt limited editions and am very satisfied with the quality. The only problem was that the Beisemayer fence kept binding on the top of the table, no matter how much I adjusted the guide rail. I finally had to put shims between the nylon runners and the fence to raise it up about .030. Works like a champ now. On the other hand, the Delta tenoning jig is another story. Missing tapped holes (luckily I have metric taps), stripped screw heads and a terrible build quality. I guess Taiwanese quality is still better than Chinese. I see no reason to buy Delta at a price premium over Jet when the quality (or lack thereof) is the same. Just my .02

Reply to
""Nobody"