uneven jointer

Haven't been out to my shop for a while. While shaking off the rust (woodworking is definitely a perishable skill), I noticed something odd about my jointer. After making a couple passes on the edge of an oak board, the leading edge has more wood removed than the trailing edge. I checked the outfeed table and it is the same height as the knives. I am sure, as usual, I am overlooking the obvious, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

planer.
Toller wrote:

A well-tuned jointer will remove an even amount along the whole length starting with a straight piece.
Several things could be going on here, not enough to tell precisely what the problem is or if there is a problem necessarily...
If the piece wasn't straight to start with, then yes, it's possible the variation was what was needed to make it straight.
If the piece was straight (OP was simply cleaning up a rip on the tablesaw or similar), then the knives may not be quite as level w/ the table as thinks or there may be some droop in the outfeed table. On of the most common problems giving rise to the symptoms is nonuniform feed pressure when passing the work over the cutterhead. Dull knives can contribute making it harder to get a clean cut.
Need some more detail of what/how/how much/conditions to really tell what might be going on...

Oh dear. Here we go again....
-Leuf